At Healthgrades, we are focused on providing trusted information that allows consumers to receive more transparency and confidence around their healthcare. As a Sr. Product Designer, you will drive the discovery and execution of cohesive, creative concepts that tackle problems, are usable and appealing.
In this role, you will join a team of hardworking and creative designers who partner closely with development teams to ensure we deliver exceptional experiences for our consumers. You will design, iterate and deliver features that enable successful user experiences within our digital products (web and mobile) that help people find and connect with the best health care. This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their career while having their work seen by millions of people each year.
What You Will Do:
- Research & Discovery
- Own the design discovery within your team, running design sprints and other ideation sessions
- Partner with Product to ideate and collaborate on building a validated roadmap
- Collaborate & Communicate
- Work within a cross-functional scrum team, partner and communicate with developers to ensure the shipped product matches the design vision
- Seek out feedback from collaborators and partners to help improve your work
- Wireframe & Prototype
- Craft prototypes to communicate flows and gather feedback from users, collaborators and partners
- Visual Communication & Interaction Design
- Design simple, elegant interfaces that are consistent, easy to understand, and intuitive to use
- Utilize and supply new, accessible, compelling design elements to the design system
- Design interactions for technical and information-rich environments.
- Create mobile web and desktop interaction designs
What You Will Bring:
- UX Skills
- A human-centric empathetic design approach, considering the needs of patients, physicians, and clients
- A strong belief that user research can improve concepts
- Strong design discovery skills, with experience running design sprints and other ideation sessions
- Ability to quickly create an interactive prototype and validate the concept
- Strong interaction design and visual design skills; with a deep understanding of color, typography, and overall composition.
- Communication & Collaboration Skills
- Team-oriented attitude; you love to see software get shipped, and take pride in realizing concepts as part of a product development team.
- You’re opinionated, with strong opinions that are loosely held. You are confident collaborating and iterating.
- Strong communication skills, with a proven track record of working with cross-functional teams.
- Work Skills
- Ability to actively manage your workload to meet deadlines. You commit and deliver.
- Skilled in Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC, (or other prototyping products)
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Education & Experience
- Portfolio or work examples
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, HCI, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in visual design, user experience design, user interface design, or interaction design for web and mobile products.
- Healthcare experience.
- Familiarity with JIRA.
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!