Sr. Manager of Product Design at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Sling TV is a pioneer and leader in the live TV streaming space, having disrupted traditional pay TV services when we launched in 2015 by giving cord-cutters the power to watch the best content from the palm of their hand or by simply plugging in their smart TV. The Sling TV team is driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Sling TV provides an over-the-top (OTT) live TV streaming service on TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, smart TVs, gaming consoles, and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Roku, Google, Amazon, Apple, Samsung, LG, Microsoft, and Tivo, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, ViacomCBS, and more.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an outstanding user experience and product design manager who has a track record of designing and building successful products that customers love and oversee the build out and evolution of a unified design system that brings all of our products and experience together under a common design language. You will work closely with other product designers, brand, product management, and engineering teams to identify, design, test, and build reusable components, styles, and libraries and evangelize adoption of the design system across the organization. You will play a crucial role in accelerating speed to market and driving consistency, usability, and accessibility across both the Sling apps and sling.com, while enabling best-in-class experiences our customers expect. You will be responsible for helping build the design culture at Sling TV, providing creative oversight to the team, and developing a team of talented product designers.
- Recruit, mentor, and coach a top-tier team of product designers and hold teams to the highest levels of craftsmanship and polish in their execution
- Provide clear design direction, encouragement, and actionable feedback to team members
- Establish processes and structure that enables and encourages the team create innovative solutions
- Promote and maintain a strong design culture at Sling
- Advocate for the design team and advance the design perspective across the organization
- Driving alignment with partners and leaders in Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and other key stakeholders
- Balance UX best practices, aesthetics and user research with data and analytics when making design decisions
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- 7+ years of UX/UI design leadership with a history of shipping delightful and engaging experiences at a high-traffic consumer product organization
- 3+ years building high performing product design teams, including recruiting, hiring, and developing product designers and design leaders within large organizations
- Passion for video streaming and TV industries
- Extensive experience designing across mobile apps and web platforms; prior experience designing video products on connected TV devices (e.g. Roku, Amazon Fire TV) a plus
- Experience steering an organization from project orientation to a empowered product team model with embedded designers collaborating closely with product managers, engineers, and marketers
- Strong understanding of end-to-end user experience disciplines including UX strategy, interaction design, information architecture, visual design, user science, and front end development
- Deep knowledge of user research methodologies and lean, discovery-driven product design best practices, and the ability to effectively implement these practices and apply standards
- Polished communication skills and track record advocating for compelling product design and the underpinning methodologies that deliver great design
- Obsession with customers and experience personally conducting and coaching team members on user research, testing, and optimization
- High comfort level in analytics and generating customer insights from data trends to inform design decisions
- Bachelor's degree in design, HCI or related fields - or equivalent professional experience
Compensation: $170,000.00/Year - $214,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website . Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.