Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
You are an experienced creative professional with 6+ years of in-house or agency experience working on innovative brands in tech. You are an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and are always on the lookout for ways to improve the customer experience and elevate the brand. You are an excellent collaborator and have no problem presenting and advocating for your ideas to your peers and leaders.
We’re looking for an experienced and creative interactive designer to join the Brand Studio team to help define high-quality web experiences for the Checkr brand. Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll work closely with the Brand Studio team, web developers, and marketers to champion the Checkr brand across all touchpoints.
The Checkr Brand Studio team is a small but talented, multidisciplinary group of creatives who create beautiful and effective brand experiences across multiple touchpoints. We tell Checkr’s story to the world, and are responsible for creating experiences that have a measurable impact and delight our customers.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be responsible for designing extraordinary, high-performing, interactive brand experiences on the web in close collaboration with our web operations team, which will include website content, landing pages, product pages, website redesigns and optimizations, and more.
- You’ll continuously use analytics and learnings from past projects to inform new design projects with qualitative and quantitative data.
- You’ll collaborate closely with marketing team members and others to create concepts that will meet their goals and expectations.
- You'll partner with web developers throughout the build and launch and be responsible for maintaining a high standard for our digital touch points, from concept to execution.
- In addition to being the lead designer for all web and interactive, you’ll gladly jump in on additional brand projects as needed, including advertising, collateral, event branding, decks, etc. We’re a small team, and we need to be scrappy!
What you’ll need:
- An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating creative mastery with web and interactive projects, and brand design expertise in a range of mediums.
- Masterful visual communication skills, with a focus on empathetic storytelling across multiple channels.
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and all the current tools of the trade.
- Strong communication skills; ability to present, and communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization from peers to senior leadership.
- Experience working on simultaneous projects while maintaining a strong attention to detail, in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Scope design initiatives and manage/prioritize simultaneous work items and timelines.
- Ability to understand and respond to performance data (A/B tests, website metrics, research studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs.
- Strong understanding of information architecture, content and information hierarchy, usability, UI and UX design for mobile and desktop screens.
- A keen eye for visual principles and execution in marketing campaigns.
- Deep experience and understanding of marketing orgs and programs.
Nice to have:
- Proven experience designing for B2B tech brands.
- Experience designing and building motion graphics.
- Previous work in advertising focused on multi-channel design.
- Experience as a project or team lead, and mentoring less experienced designers.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $83,300-$98,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.