Sr. Cinematics Designer at IllFonic
IllFonic is looking for a Sr. Cinematics Designer to work in Unreal Engine 4. Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Golden, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Past titles and collaborations include Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, Crysis 3, and Nexuiz.
Responsibilities include constructing sets and large cinematic sequences for in-game and marketing use. The job requires experience with Unreal 4 Sequencer and Adobe Premiere Pro (or equivalent editing software). Also required is experience in at least one other game engine based cinematic project.
Qualified applicants will need to send a resume as well as interview both over the phone and in person in order to be considered. We are looking for team players that are interested in growing with the company for many years to come. Please include anything else that you think helps us understand how you can make IllFonic a better place to work!Responsibilities:
- Storyboard, develop, and collaborate with team to establish in-engine cinematic sequences
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
- Work with various departments to best handle pipelines between gameplay and cinematic use of assets
- Set up and organize large scale sequences for in game cinematics using actors, meshes, and effects
- Animate cameras and control shot pacing to best convey desired results
- Work with optimization teams to keep gameplay and cinematics seamless and performant
- Capture, edit, and iterate marketing pieces to align with marketing and social media team needs for trailers, screenshots, etc.
- Design sets and workflows for cinematics creation process
- 5+ years game/cinematic industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (preferably film production) and/or comparable years of professional experience in games/film.
- Critical eye for pacing, shot composition, and organization
- Strong skills in Sequencer
- Strong experience with cinematic creation
- Demo Reel with Breakdown of responsibilities and contributions
- Strong Video editing experience
- Familiarity with Blueprint scripting
- Strong desire to improve process and seek out new ideas to evolve cinematic visuals
- Experience with mocap
- Experience with hand keyed animation
- Experience with live action camera operation
- Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects experience
- Experience with Mobu or Maya