Senior Visual Designer
Tendril, a leading provider of energy analytic software solutions for leading energy providers worldwide, is looking for an incredible Senior Visual Designer to join our growing Creative team. You will be responsible for conceiving and creating powerful visual content and presentations, designing original illustrations and information graphics that best communicate corporate vision and showcase our products and solutions. You will partner with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Engineers, Decision Scientists, Account Managers, and Sales Leaders to clearly identify opportunities, ideate on solutions, and design compelling experiences that engage clients and our external sales audience. Our ideal candidate is consistency focused, savors ongoing collaboration, communicates with confidence and clarity, and is passionate about design with a proven ability to craft high quality work. Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first—so our ideal candidate is also cool.
What you get to do:
- Be a key member of the Creative team by working in concert with UX, UI, Graphic, and Motion Designers to drive design consistency across the business.
- Foster critical design partnerships with cross-functional team(s) to identify opportunities and essential solutions that drive outcomes.
- Facilitate group alignment: conduct discussions and workshops on visual storytelling techniques and methodology.
- Produce high-quality, original design and artwork.
- Design audience personas, journeys, and storyboards that clearly identify gaps, risks, and opportunity in showcasing our end-to-end customer experience.
- Clearly understand and be able to demonstrate deep understanding of Tendril products and solutions.
- Maintain a global database of creative resources: images, assets, and content.
- Be a steward of the Tendril Design practice, championing best practices and taking risks with new methods and ideas.
- 7+ years of relevant experience: in-house / agency experience strongly preferred
- An online portfolio of recent design work: a must have
- Demonstrated mastery of design fundamentals: typography, grids, color, icons and application of atomic design systems
- The ability to negotiate requirements, understand feedback, and provide design practice through partnership
- A team first player
- Expert level with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with presentation software
- Project management skills
- Formal design / relevant training
Required for consideration:
- An online portfolio of recent design work
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Tendril’s high energy, sometimes silly, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed. Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- Full reimbursement of bus and light rail passes;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps, who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.