Senior UX/UI Designer, New Venture at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Travel Percentage :
About FIS Innovation
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications.
The innovation & incubation team has finished incubating a product aimed to help merchants reduce e-commerce consumer drop-offs and is looking to hire an all-star team that can scale the business under the innovation organization.
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. You will be able to scale a first in class product leveraging FIS assets and capabilities and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
We are looking for an exceptional UX UI designer who is passionate about designing and building the best consumer experiences to help drive the rapid growth of this disruptive startup. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will design exercises and research for new features, and then bring the feature to life with your exceptional design skills. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from collaborating on the vision of the experiences to defining the creative direction, to user testing and delivery of a usable and useful product.
- Work on web and mobile products and features
- Collaborate closely with product owners and designers to ideate new products and features
- Create wireframes, visual designs (email templates, landing pages, site images), beautiful icons and elegant layouts for any type of device (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Develop pixel-perfect specs and design documentation, based on product requirements
- Work within existing style guidelines and create a consistent look that aligns with our brand
- Analyze data-driven insights and user research to inform design decisions
- Partner with developers to ensure creative styles are within technical constraints
- Implement a cross-discipline perspective that considers multiple aspects of the brand/business/experience and creates a way for businesses to align with design to solve problems
- Develop artifacts to make opportunities tangible for multiple audiences
- Identify and collect exemplars and articulate their design logic, benefits and tradeoffs
- Develop lists of prioritized concepts, wireframes, annotations and UX mapping
- Create design briefs that outline design iterations, prioritized concepts and timelines
- Develop choices around design and user interfaces that allow cross-discipline teams to solve customer pain points and challenges
- Perform wireframe iterations based on feedback from internal reviews and user testing
- Construct quick interactive prototypes that illustrate your UX/UI design: functional with modern effects, animations, and transitions as appropriate, that present a realistic feel of the intended experience
- 5+ years of professional UI / UX product design experience
- Thorough understanding of UX research methods and experience leading research sessions with customers and the public
- Lead UX research programs (research stategy, conduct sessions, synthesize results) both internally and externally
- Extensive portfolio of work across multiple platforms (UI Design, UX research, etc)
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision
- Thorough understanding of UI, UX, interaction design, HCI and animation principles
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to collaborate with a team, as well as being able to work autonomously
- Passionate about being a part of an integral part of solving complex problems with simple, easy-to-use solutions
- Comfortable giving and receiving critical design feedback
- Committed to meeting deadlines and skilled at handling multiple projects simultaneously
- A ready, online portfolio.
Nice to have
- Prior working experience in start-up environment or corporate innovation team
- Fintech experience
- Entrepreneurial track record; we want builders!
What we offer you
- A driven, creative, and multi-talented group of colleagues who are extraordinary passionate about their role in shaping the future of fintech and driving cultural transformation at FIS
- A high-visibility, high-impact role
- Ownership of your role and responsibilities, impact on an innovative culture
- Work closely with teams that are creating solutions for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$107,610 - 180,790
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.