Senior UX/Information Designer-1 at IHS Markit Digital
Who is Markit Digital
Markit Digital is dedicated to the delivery and presentation of financial data, transforming complex information into elegant user experiences. As a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) provider in the financial services industry, our innovative visualizations are the standard for interpreting, manipulating and displaying financial information.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
The design team at Markit Digital is one of the largest in the financial industry. Our work, and how we work affects the way our clients do business, how their users make important decisions and what finance means to the world. As individuals, we come from many backgrounds and perspectives. While some of us have finance experience, our larger belief is that new ideas come from learning, research, analytical thinking, questioning and translating what we know to new contexts. In our data-driven world, making the complex simple is a prime challenge. This is the core of what we do.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
Have you ever thought about the typical user experience involved with trading on the stock market? Does the poor design of your banking app often leave you scratching your head? What if you could make it better? We’re in the business of making the financial world friendlier and we’re looking for energetic designers who can geek out about data and ways to present it to regular humans. You’ll be exposed to a plethora of unique projects and challenges from clients located both domestically and around the world—Australia, Singapore, Italy and the UK, to name a few—and the solutions are never cookie-cutter.
· A very strong background with at least 6+ years of experience in creating digital interfaces and applications
· Mastery of your tools—Adobe Creative Cloud and interactive prototyping tools. Familiarity with HTML, CSS and Java Script would also be helpful
· An analytical and visual mind, with a hunger for learning and a desire to solve complex human problem with technology
· Strong process—concept and refine designs through sketches, diagrams, wireframes, visual designs and interactive pieces
· A desire to challenge yourself both personally and professionally; as well as staying current with technology and interaction design trends.
· Knowledge of UI animation, Styleframes, Storyboarding, Motion graphics, 3D a plus
· Leadership skills. Our senior designers have the opportunity - and responsibility - to lead projects, partner with clients, and support more junior designers on the team
Where we're going
We rely on a combination of ingenuity and initiative to search for deeper sources of information. The solutions and products we provide give our customers a richer view of their world and the insights they need to make smarter decisions.
We cause an effect on the industries and markets driving the worldwide economy – for leaders in business, finance and governments. As we address today’s most critical business challenges, the positive impacts we are making will be felt for generations to come.
* This role is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship at this time.