Senior UX / UI Designer
TrainHeroic is looking for a Senior UX / UI Designer to become a cornerstone in our growing high performance team that loves to build multi-platform solutions to open-ended problems. This is an opportunity to create something powerful and work with incredible people who will challenge and inspire you daily.
While our Product team and parent company’s Product team can provide support and direction, it’s important that you own and lead the creative and user experience vision. You have the exciting opportunity of being TrainHeroic’s only designer.
Our suite of apps reach an expanding audience of coaches, enabling them to improve their planning, analysis, and athletes’ performance on the field, court, or other competition stage. We believe in creating reliable, amazing products. As we grow our user base from 100k users to 1M+, we need thoughtful, strategic solutions.
At TrainHeroic, we build solutions that help coaches and athletes Be their Best. Our suite of apps reaches an expanding audience of coaches, enabling them to improve their planning, analysis, and athletes’ performance on the field, court, or other competition stage. We proudly serve clients in the NFL, Olympics, High School/College, and private training facilities.
Why Join Our Team?
- Our product culture is centered around exceptional people and project autonomy. Your voice is heard. Your work is loved.
- We provide a flexible work environment and a long leash. What we ask for in return: Results.
- You get to collaborate with our parent and sibling brands and cross-pollinate best practices. Leverage knowledge from our in-house partners. Grow.
- Contribute and work with a purpose. See your work show up and get used around the globe by passionate athletes and coaches. Drive life-changing results.
As Senior UX / UI Designer, you will be able to:
- Design UX and UI for the TrainHeroic product across three platforms: web, mobile, and tablet. Deliverables may consist of comps, wireframes, whiteboard sketches, spreadsheets, or whatever you feel is appropriate to convey the idea and implementation, then confirming that level of fidelity meets the needs of those dependent upon your work.
- Design user experiences and interfaces in anticipation of growth and change.
- Work closely with our Product Manager, Director of Engineering, CEO, and entire Engineering team, each of which comes to the table with their own experiences and expertise - industry, business, and technical.
To be successful in this role:
- You possess a strong foundation in and promote good use of typography, whitespace, iconography, and navigation patterns across our platforms.
- You are thinking 2-3 steps ahead of the specific feature or UI being designed.
- You have 5+ years of experience in mobile and web app design.
- You are a strong writer. We believe that copywriting is interface design and clarity in words is indicative of clarity in thought.
- You understand that design and engineering must work collaboratively to turn concepts into reality. To that end, you have demonstrated experience handing off designs to an engineering team. Communication, organization, and discipline of process are important to us.
- You possess strong ability to take conceptual ideas or requests, refine them down to core problems and opportunities, then translate those into resilient designs that account for common cases, and also edge cases.
- You must first seek to understand, then seek to be understood.
TrainHeroic operates under the umbrella company Peaksware, Inc. along with TrainingPeaks, MakeMusic, and Alfred Music. Together, we work to help people achieve their dreams through deliberate practice. We share an office in in beautiful Boulder, Colorado and have been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" five times.
All Heroes Receive:
- Opportunity to work alongside passionate, A-players, striving to disrupt the status quo and lead in the industry
- Competitive compensation and incentives
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/yr fitness reimbursement for any healthy lifestyle and gym-related purchases
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- 15-Days of PTO for all new hires…increases in PTO at various years of service
- 5% 401(k) Match Program
- Four week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of service
- Dog friendly office
- Beautiful Denver, CO location
Visit us at www.TrainHeroic.com to learn more!