Senior UX Specialist
Location US – Boulder/Longmont, Colorado
Field User Experience Design
Job Functions Interaction Design, User Experience, Web Design, Software interface design, web, and mobile application design
Cross-Functional user experience (Interaction, Visual, Research, Content, UI Development)
Job Level Senior
Employment Type Fulltime
We’re looking for a talented Senior User Experience (UX) Specialist to conceptualize and design various exciting new interfaces with the Limina design and development team. We present a unique opportunity for talented individuals who thrive in creative, entrepreneurial environments. If you’re excited about the challenge of building a dynamic company, community, and brand—and are passionate about the power of the web to drive innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Senior UX Specialist, you will work with Limina’s principles, leads, associates, and contractors to perform user-centered design activities to deliver innovative solutions on both client and internal deliverables. A deep and holistic understanding of UX Design is a must. You’ll be asked to conduct in-depth user requirements gathering activities, craft interaction models and information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and aesthetically engaging interface designs. You will be expected to speak to best practices, value propositions, processes land deliverables with a general comprehension of contemporary methods and trends.
While deep expertise in a core UX focus area is required, we expect that your skills and experience in at least two or more roles across the full UX discipline, including:
- User Research
- Information Architect
- Interaction Design
- Visual Design
- UI Development
- Content Strategy
- Comfortable leading clients and internal teams to establish strategic, measurable user experience objectives for projects
- Facilitate client workshops and discussions on user segmentation, site architecture, user flows, visual design, and overall user experience
- Comfortable straddling interaction and visual design disciplines
- Capable of leading requirements gathering for all client projects, including desktop, mobile, and web; create interaction models, new task flows, and design concepts
- Can lead Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, and project teams to iteratively design narrative wireframes, prototypes, and specifications that represent user workflows, interactions, and screen layouts
- Gather feedback from project teams and resolve design-related issues to ensure the solution meets all requirements: business, user, design, engineering, and QA
- Can lead and manage the definition and documentation of design standards for all Limina clients by applying knowledge of UX design best practices; promote adherence to standards
- Participate in Expert UX evaluations of client products to generate and refine UX requirements and enhancements to workflows, interaction patterns, information architecture in user interface design
- Educate on design innovation and best practice while building consensus and buy-in from stakeholders
- 6+ years of design experience working across multiple industries and verticals
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in a related discipline: Interaction Design, Human Factors, Interactive Media, or Information Management with a specialty in User Interface Design or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design, user analysis techniques, interaction design, and web usability best practices
- Be a part business analyst, part information architect, part usability expert, and all about solid user experience specialist
- Be passionate about creating elegant, smart, and intuitive interfaces for web, desktop, and mobile applications
- Creating requirements documentation including site architectures, user flows, personas, content inventories, taxonomy structures, and wireframes and interactive prototypes showing interface behavior and content rules
- Leading hands-on research and evaluation techniques such as card sorting, heuristic review, usability testing, and Web analytics analysis
- Bring the UX design vision to life using prototyping tools (e.g., Sketch, Axure, Invision, Omnigraffle/Visio or relevant prototyping tools)
- Knowledge of Web interface and development technology trends (including content management systems, mobile platforms, HTML5, CSS3, Jquery, React) and the ability to apply that knowledge to meet project needs
- Demonstrate the capability to mentor and manage junior and associate UX consultants
- Able to learn from and inspire the Limina design and development community
- Actively engage with and participate in the greater design community
PLATFORM, SOFTWARE AND TOOL SKILLS
- Highly Experienced with prototyping software (Sketch, Axure, InvisionApp, Omnigraffle/Visio, Illustrator, Indesign, Adobe XD)
- Skilled with the Adobe creative cloud including Libraries
- Proficient in Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience designing for Drupal and SharePoint a plus
- Experience working with JIRA a plus
GENERAL CONSULTING SKILLS
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrating expertise in user-centered design, interaction design, and usability best practices
- Leading internal and client-facing presentations and facilitating consensus
- Setting and meeting internal and client-facing expectations on time with high-quality deliverables
- Educating staff and clients on matters related to user-centered design
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal communications with teams and clients
- Capable of leading work independently or as part of a team
- Comfortable working with both waterfall and agile software development processes
- Expected to travel occasionally for business purposes
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Understands the business and technical implications of their designs
- Can clearly articulate how their designs map to the business problem/solution, end-users’ needs, and technical limitation/capability
- Has a strong grasp of design patterns and can quickly customize and apply them to a given solution
- Is analytical and creative with excellent organizational skills
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously without errors
- Understand the big picture and detailed design implications (business/technical) of -design direction
- Expected to work closely with the Project Manager, Limina Staff, and client teams drawing on their input to articulate the user experience and ensure the design meets the client’s UX, accessibility, and usability goals
- Is comfortable with working overtime as client commitment requires
- Has authorization to work in the US
- MUST be able to provide a strong portfolio demonstrating user-centered design processes and deliverables
Please address responses to [email protected]
Limina is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
- Our mission is to enable, expand, and enhance human potential by simplifying complex computer interactions and creating more usable systems.
- We’re fueled by empowering users to meet their maximum potential by elevating the quality of their work experience.
- We thrive on creating highly useful and usable systems for maximum business value.
- We specialize in technical and user experience design leadership for complex systems design and development.
- We embrace agile practices, opensource software solutions, and lean UX design practice.
- Our relationships matter. We fulfill and maintain long-term contracts with venture-backed start-ups, large companies, and government agencies.
- We maintain expertise at the forefront of innovation through our human-computer interaction work with both startup and enterprise breakthrough technologies.