CircleCI is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our growing team. As a key member of our research team you will join other motivated, thoughtful individuals, executing work to help product teams better understand the complexities of modern software development and building the right experiences to meet developers’ needs.
Our research team thrives in a fast-paced environment that emphasizes flexibility and communication. If you are experienced with uncovering and acting on insights in close collaboration with designers, product managers, and engineers, come join us! We all care deeply about creating outstanding experiences for our users, and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring to that vision.About Research and Design CircleCI
Our research work is focused on understanding the practices of modern software development and what it takes to empower teams to ship code quickly and safely. As a leading CI platform, we are in a unique position to change the way development teams turn code into software, and we do that by building a deep understanding of the people who work across all areas of CircleCI's products and services.What you’ll be doing:
- Playing a key role in determining what you research and how, with opportunities to refine product decisions and encourage customer delight
- Running research from end to end, designing studies, selecting the right participants, analyzing & sharing the findings, and supporting the team in making research-related decisions.
- Generating and communicating tactical and strategic insights, as well as meaningful recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- Partnering with our quantitative UX and analytics partners to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights, fueling the why behind the what
- Mastering quick but compelling ways to present, and evangelize results and recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a more effective and more empathetic organization
- Assisting in democratizing research, helping teammates to up-level their research skills and research quality
- 5+ years of experience with conducting qualitative research studies for product teams, including usability/user testing, surveys, and user interviews
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage partners and manage stakeholders from across the organization
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm for sharing the tips and tricks of research with the wider CircleCI community
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- Strong experience driving results in DevOps/ Developer Tools
- Rich understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Design thinking methods and facilitation
- Visual communication and information design chops
- Experience teaching research concepts to those without a strong research background
- Familiarity with collaboration tools, workplace dynamics, decision-making topics
- Experience working on distributed teams
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.