Senior UX Designer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Cognitive Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The Enterprise Technology Office Frameworks Team is a highly innovative and creative team focused on accelerating development of high quality applications across FIS. It is responsible for the development of software and guidelines used across the company and is also responsible for the development of mobile and web applications for FIS employees and customers. We place a lot of value on each individual’s ideas and encourages innovative solutions that we share with all development teams. We use our experience in building apps to create reusable tools and components to speed up other team’s backend and frontend development. As a member of the team, you will be working on these guidelines, components and applications and your ideas and solutions will have a big impact on how applications are created at FIS.
The Candidate will be responsible for the design of functional and easy-to-use software interfaces that will enable customers to become more productive and enhance satisfaction of applications. This is an advanced role requiring extensive skill and proficiency. Works independently with only administrative supervision on highly complex projects with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Expected to be primary mentor and/or lead designer for others on staff and is a role model for rest of team. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates as a senior member of the in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to the most highly visible, sensitive and critical systems. Typically requires a minimum of seven years design and usability or related experience in a research and development environment.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all aspects of software interface design including audience and task analysis, market analysis, scenario building, storyboarding, prototyping, and defining interface specifications, guidelines, and standards.
• Collaborates with engineers to design total human-computer interaction and to develop flow of information in FIS software applications.
• Acts as representative for FIS users and customers.
• Contributes to user-centered design process by participating in field observations and interviews, surveys, focus groups, exploratory studies and task analyses.
• Works closely with clients to identify and interpret specific business needs and to develop creative products to meet needs.
• Collaborates with product teams to ensure user-centered design process is incorporated into FIS development lifecycle.
• Collaborates with designers to design and prototype software human interfaces using development tools.
• Develops and maintains human interface specifications, guidelines and standards.
• Researches and analyzes target audiences for software, conducts necessary front-end research and creates user profile for relevant products.
• Participates in usability testing process by working on test plans, attending test sessions and brainstorming solutions to interface problems with usability specialists.
• Defines and communicates design guidelines and ensures creative products adhere to security, usability and quality standards.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Good working knowledge of graphical user interface principles and visual design principles
• Must be familiar with experimental design, human factors, ergonomics, research methods and behavioral sciences
• Problem-solving & process improvement skills
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Can act as a mentor for other designers
• Must be self-motivated and results oriented
• Requires good organizational skills and must be detailed-oriented
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.