Senior UX Designer at Apto
It’s an exciting time in commercial real estate and we’re at the forefront of a market that’s just beginning to accelerate technology change. Apto is focused on connecting the commercial real estate industry. We’re doing it by building a remarkable platform (cloud-based CRM, deal management, and back office) and we’re highly focused on the success of our customers and employees.
Apto has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the Top 50 workplaces nationwide, placed on the Inc. 500 list, and designated a Best Place to Work in Denver. Come help us bring commercial real estate out of the dark ages with an award-winning team.
Your role requires a proven track record of applying user-centered innovation to the design of successful web experiences. You will work alongside our Director of Product and VP of Engineering on a daily basis — from initial concept and strategy through the execution of design and then product releases. You think strategically and ask big questions that lead to broader opportunities. We’re a group of hungry, motivated, and friendly folks here at Apto. Our company structure gives you the opportunity to learn, influence, and get involved in many different parts of our business.
As a Senior UX Designer with the team you will:
- Inform the vision for our products and services at Apto including B:C and enterprise platforms.
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for web applications from wireframe to high quality designs, CSS, and HTML.
- Partner with product managers on product strategy and definition.
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with design researchers, and refine designs with data and user feedback.
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications.
- Strive to maintain consistency and coherence across the products.
- Manage your own work from concept to completion.
How we work as a team:
- Work alongside the Director of Product and VP of Engineering on a daily basis to turn research into elegant interactions within the Apto product.
- Build relationships with our customer facing teams to better understand customer needs and pain points.
- Lead and participate in requirements gathering sessions with internal and external stakeholders
Who you are:
- You have at least 5+ years experience designing digital solutions for customers and/or operators/businesses. This isn’t your first web application or platform.
- You have a bachelors’ Degree in a design related discipline. Master’s a plus.
- You have a professional portfolio demonstrating a strong background in user centered interaction, UI, and visual design.
- You have expert-level knowledge of industry standard design tools (Sketch, Invision, Figma, etc.).
- You are an excellent independent contributor who needs little supervision
- You understand how design impacts development and vice versa. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you’ll make sure they’re developed accurately
- You are comfortable explaining your work and research findings to anyone, including executives.
- You use research and best practices to construct and defend your ideas. You embrace feedback and thrive in an iterative environment. You love testing ideas and making data driven decisions.
- You are passionate for solving problems from big picture strategy to the tiny details
- You are empathetic and inquisitive. You are Self-motivated, positive, open-minded, with a desire to collaborate and learn.
- You are someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- You can quickly and thoroughly create wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes. While you need to be speedy, you are a deliberate designer.
- You are an effective communicator who can articulate your ideas across all levels of the organization.
- You can see beyond incremental features and understand how complex systems work together and build on one another.
What you’ll get in return
- The opportunity to work for a fun, quickly growing, well-capitalized startup
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible Time Off
- Generous Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Regular company-provided lunches and team events
Apto does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.