Founded in 2015, Automox is on a mission to automate and reduce the pain that comes with securing and managing endpoints within the modern enterprise. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware and applications that need to be maintained updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem.
At Automox we value an entrepreneurial mindset. With our customers always top of mind, teams are empowered to make decisions quickly and consistently be adding small incremental value. Is it going to be perfect every time? Probably not. But with the freedom to try and fail we believe greatness will happen sooner than if we waited for perfection.
As the world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring a talented and diverse workforce across the US. We are up to something extraordinary and are seeking curious problem solvers, revolutionaries, and challengers to the status quo to join our team. If you are tired of traditional corporate work environments that put processes over people, or simply looking to ply your craft in a way that impacts both company and customers in a material way - then Automox might be the right place for you.
Are you empathy oriented, customer obsessed and have a desire to work in a mission driven company that is disrupting the security industry and rapidly growing?
We want to hear from you! Automox is seeking a full time Sr. UX Designer with specific experience in SaaS in a B2B context developing industry-leading design for cybersecurity digital products that are changing the way the world views cyber hygiene. Successful candidates will work within the growing UX team to collaborate with customers, product management, engineering, and marketing/sales to ideate the workflow, refine user needs and translate them into functional web application design. You will own features from concept to delivery, seeking customer input as much as possible. Independence and a willingness to find the best solution for the problem or opportunity are core to this role.
Strong experience with the product development process, SaaS fundamentals, UX and UI design, and the software development lifecycle is required. Familiarity with enterprise software development and cybersecurity or a technical background are preferred. Successful candidates are team-oriented, work collaboratively inside and outside of the building, and bring a passionate and driven attitude to structured product development.
THE FUN STUFF
- Be a passionate advocate for customers
- Own complex and innovative feature designs working hand in hand with users and product managers from concept to release, setting specific requirements and direction
- Apply SaaS product principles to Automox’s core product, working to streamline conversions, user behaviors, ease of use and simplifying workflow for complex enterprise tasks
- Team up with the rest of product management to turn the roadmap into sprint plan, while surfacing areas to improve the product, process, and experience
- Seek and integrate feedback from internal teams, including marketing, sales, and engineering
- Conduct empathy and feedback interviews with customers, prospects, and the wider community to glean insights and new feature ideas
- Help Automox drive positive product experiences that deliver value quickly and delight customers
- Strategy minding and lean in implementation
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 7+ years of UX and UI experience, which includes significant user research, workflow and interaction design experience with at least 3 years in a B2B context
- Ability to use Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud or related rapid prototyping tools and adapt your deliverables to context of the organizational needs
- Must value strategic UX (holistic research and system wide considerations) as well as practices aspects of lean UX (reducing waste, disposable design, inclusive design, design facilitation)
- Not be dogmatic or overly artistic; must value true human-centered design fundamentals
- Function and context first approach over form or “trend first”
- Must thrive operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude that allows you to work effectively with product management, engineering, sales/marketing, and other product team members globally
- Strategic and analytical thinking, with the ability to consider multiple approaches to solve problems and apply a system to select the best one for Automox
- Design thinking background or familiarity with Saas application design strongly preferred
- Familiar with agile release process
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positive approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technical degree strongly preferred
- Security experience a plus but not required
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote: Home office in the US
This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to own and put your name on something truly special. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by.
***Due to the stage we're in as a business we're not able to sponsor or transfer work visa at this time***