Senior UX Design Engineer I at LogRhythm
Senior UX Design Engineer I
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company, empowers more than 4,000 customers across the globe to measurably mature their security operations program. LogRhythm’s award-winning NextGen SIEM Platform makes the world safer by protecting organizations, employees, and customers from the latest cyberthreats. It does this by providing a comprehensive platform with the latest security functionality, including security analytics; network detection and response (NDR); user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA); and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR). Learn how LogRhythm empowers companies to be security first at logrhythm.com.
- Collaborate effectively with diverse engineering teams and company departments to deliver an effective user experience across a variety of platforms and audiences.
- Lead user study preparation and execution, including participant recruitment, experimental design, facilitation, observation, etc.
- Work with teammates to interpret research findings and distill them into actionable product requirements and related artifacts (including wireframes, comps, etc.).
- Present usability findings, best practices, and feature roadmaps to team members and stakeholders.
- Support the development process with high-quality UX artifacts (wireframes, mockups, findings documents, style guides, personas, etc.).
- Be an effective and positive participant in team discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, interaction design, psychology, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer for enterprise web applications.
- Demonstrated experience designing data visualizations for large and/or complex data sets.
- Familiarity with software application design conventions, technologies, development practices, etc.
- An understanding of the human mind, including: the visual system, learning and memory, our perceptual biases, etc.
- Experience with user research methods.
- An ever-evolving toolbox, which probably includes some of these: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, HTML/CSS
- A general understanding of hardware, software, computer networks, the Internet, and the basic components of Information Technology.
- Strong written, verbal, and intangible communication skills.
- An ability to mentor more junior members of the team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Knowledge of, or an aptitude for learning, the unique landscape of the software security industry.
- Familiarity with web application technologies, development practices, etc.
- Familiarity with agile software development principles and practices.
Salary and Other Compensation;
- The annual starting salary for this position is between $130,000-150,000 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements;
- 401k plan
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program
- Created:/ Revised Date: - August 25, 2021
- Reporting to: - Senior Manager, Software Engineering
- Location: - Boulder, Colorado (will consider US remote working)
- Employment Status: - Full Time
- FLSA/ Applicable State Law Status- Except
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.