Senior User Experience (UX) Designer at Zen Planner
SugarWOD, part of Daxko, serves over 4,000 businesses in the functional fitness gym space, as well as 1 million individual users. SugarWOD was acquired by Daxko in 2019 and our best-in-class software is backed by a team of like-minded fitness fanatics, outdoor enthusiasts, and techies.Job Description
At Daxko, our product design team consists of UX generalists who lead the full spectrum of user research, interaction design, visual design, and usability testing. Your primary responsibility as a Senior UX Designer will be to craft user experiences that set our products apart from the competition by truly understanding our customer’s needs and delivering valuable solutions to market problems.
You will be expected to lead and mentor more junior UX Designers and help them to develop their design skillset. You will also help to develop and lead a community of practice around design, leading design reviews, and creating space for designers to learn from each other and influence the organization at-large.
A typical week
Understand what users need and help your team understand it too.
- Collaborate with product managers, technical leads, customers, and other stakeholders to understand, define, and clarify requirements.
- Use research methods such as participatory design, ethnographic studies, and user interviews to learn how users think and behave. Use that research to help drive your innovative concepts forward.
- Model knowledge about users and share it with your team to help everyone make better decisions.
- Explain your ideas, designs, and best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders.
- Be a tireless advocate for exceptional user experience.
Design software that delivers on what users need.
- Through solo and collaborative design methods, create low and high-fidelity prototypes of possible design solutions.
- Translate complex product requirements into easy and intuitive user flows.
- Take a data-driven approach to influence your visual and interaction design decisions.
- Validate that designed solutions meet user needs through usability testing methods such as unmoderated testing, moderated testing, and A/B testing.
- Be able to present and validate your design concepts with internal and external business stakeholders.
- Oversee the maintenance and application of visual design standards.
- Detail-oriented, manages time and objectives effectively
- Excellent communicator in person, on the phone, in email
- Loves testing out new approaches, knows how to measure the impact and adjust
- A positive attitude and a passion for working with strong, collaborative teams.
- Not afraid of conflict – able to check your ego at the door for the benefit of the product and team
- Flexible – change and uncertainty don’t phase you
- 5+ years of experience designing business-oriented web and mobile applications
- Knowledgable with web frameworks such as Bootstrap, and iOS and Android human interface guidelines including Android material design
- Ability to design for accessibility & localization
- Demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders and technical teams to understand, analyze, and document requirements
- A strong technical aptitude. You don’t have to code, but you have to be able to earn the respect of the people who do.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies—Scrum and Kanban in particular
- Ability to use wireframing tools to prototype new functionality
- Strong visual design skills
- Strong interaction design skills
Zen Planner is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation for providing “career-defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine