Senior User Experience Researcher
Ibotta is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to deliver actionable and meaningful data-driven insights from our customers to shape the future of the Ibotta product experience. You will partner with the product managers, product designers, engineers, analysts, and marketers to shape all stages of development, from new opportunities to a refinement of the Ibotta user experience. We are looking for a researcher experienced in applying multiple qualitative research methodologies to improve the experience for our customers and achieve business goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish the UX research practice at Ibotta
- Deliver insights to help inform and execute on product strategy and tactics by conducting both formative (e.g., ethnographic research, contextual interviews) and evaluative (e.g., lab/remote sessions, surveys) research
- Work cross-functionally with teams to define and execute research plans, including recruiting participants, based on business needs and growth initiatives for both existing and new product experiences
- Make insights actionable and evangelize findings at various levels of the organization to help Ibotta acquire and retain shoppers, and achieve its business goals
- Be a User Experience Research thought leader by proactively identifying and applying new research methodologies and tracking and communicating customer-centric trends and information regarding consumer behavior, needs, and innovative experiences
- Manage third-party research vendors, as necessary
- Evangelize UX research best practices across the company
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years related work experience. UX research experience must include an established, heavily trafficked, consumer-facing product, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Cognitive Psychology, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, HCI, Human Factors, or related field
- Demonstrable understanding of UX principles, both design and research
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of research to enhance the user experience and drive impact
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, designers, product managers, engineers, analysts, and marketers
- Past work examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes as well as and putting together long term research plans (does not need to be a portfolio, just the ability to share past work through discussions and with shareable examples)
- Comfort managing multiple projects, including logistics of recruiting, simultaneously, with great attention to detail
- Expert understanding of the full breadth of qualitative research methodologies such as ethnography, contextual interviews, and lab/remote sessions, along with exposure to quantitative methods
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $275 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 25 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis