We are building software which enables businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain.
About the Role
You’ll work with our CPO and our product and engineering teams to design interfaces that simplify complex problems. You’ll work primarily on designing mobile and web applications with a focus on ease of use and minimizing time to market.
We are a fast paced, high intensity team and can get somewhat obsessive about the problems we are solving. To be honest: we don’t have the luxury of much work-life balance at this point in our company’s growth.
You will design interfaces taking into account the unique needs of each category of our users:
- Thousands of truck drivers and small fleets who use our 5F Trucking Platform (https://5f.app/) as a business-in-a-box – like a “Shopify of Trucking”.
- White collar professionals at large shippers (Pilgrims, Olam, Halliburton, et. al) who use our analytics and automation tooling to automate their supply chain.
- Work directly with our CPO, product and engineering teams to rapidly solve the highest impact problems for our customers.
- Immerse yourself in the business & company strategy to design holistic solutions.
- Have a primary focus on UI/UX design (90% of your time), but as an early design hire you will take a “whatever needs done” approach to handle other miscellaneous projects (e.g. design a trophy for winners of an in-app challenge).
- Bachelors in Graphic Design or similar
- 7+ years of experience designing user interfaces.
- Can quickly and easily understand a problem and design a solution.
- Experience creating storyboards, workflows and UI using Figma.
- High Impact: You’re a self-starter who can proactively identify opportunities for impact even when they’re not assigned to you.
- Low Ego: You enjoy collaboration, feedback, and iteration.
- Need for Speed: You are fast to respond to messages. You like shipping, and are willing to make hard tradeoffs in order to get features in the hands of customers.
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company paid parking or transit pass
- Modern office space in downtown Denver
- Daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- Team happy hours
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.