Senior UI/UX Designer at Wowza Media Systems
Wowza's 30,000+ customer base is growing, and we are looking for Senior UI/UX Designer to take our award-winning software to the next level for live video streaming. Working side by side with product leaders and engineers from the beginning to end of the product building cycle, you'll lead all things design and UX across the entire platform.
We pride ourselves in being customer-centric and making the complicated simple. We are looking for teammates who will drive essentialism.
"Do less, better," and make the best contribution. Wowza is a product-driven company, where you can get excited about doing your best work in a fast-paced, balanced environment.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate. Provide design leadership to one and eventually more designers through the entire software development process.
- Research: create personas, understand user needs, psychology and Jobs To Be Done. Then ideate, design, iterate, and ship to test assumptions along side product and engineering.
- Listen. We emphasize regular communication with our customers (at least 2x a week minimum) to solicit feedback, learn about pain points, and spot opportunities.
- Own & drive. You will own and drive the team responsible for design, ux and ui decisions.
- Iterate quickly. We believe in shipping, getting feedback, and making updates. "Done is better than perfect" allows us to remain customer-focused.
- Design. Get hands on daily and create at every stage from sketches, wireframes, interaction models, UI, prototypes.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Challenge us. We regularly ask, "Are we focused on the riskiest, most critical assumptions?" about any work.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
Examples of current work:
- Lead cutting-edge design for dashboards that involve real-time analytics and data visualization. For example, live video streaming across the world from the camera to players and viewers around the globe.
- Redesign products and build design frameworks to connect all our major products into one SaaS platform for live video streaming workflows, real-time analytics, and hybrid UI and API workflows. We're prototyping with Material Design now.
- Developer experiences and portals. Our platform is used by tens of thousands of developers around the world. Designing a simple, intuitive developer portal for easy and intuitive access to robust APIs is a current initiative.
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role. Enterprise SaaS or API or equally technical product a plus.
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (we use Figma, for example)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree or strong experience in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces (with a 4.6 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and where the deer, elk, and buffalo roam. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.