The Senior UI Designer - Marketing works closely with digital and brand creative teams to design intelligent user interfaces and ensure visual consistency throughout the Workiva ecosystem. This individual works to create experiences that are not only visually appealing but also highly usable. This individual designs the look and feel of our digital properties, ensuring that the customer experience is desirable, engaging, and consistent with the Workiva branding, look, and feel. The Senior UI Designer - Marketing delivers work on time and demonstrates the ability to deliver on enhancements that were not requested.
- Champions and cultivates a culture of user-centered design, accessibility, and inclusion through every visual touchpoint in the buyer journey.
- Design and deliver a beautiful, elegant design language that delivers an emotionally relevant unified visual identity across the brand experience.
- Evolves or makes incremental changes to UI visual aesthetic that supports Workiva brand.
- Models Workiva culture and values across the team and leads activities that support continuous learning.
- Foster collaborative relationships with UX, Brand Creative, and Marketing to deliver a unified visual standard and identity.
- Identify, catalog, and share visual trends, design movements, and social trends to meet the customer where they will be.
- Collaborates with teams to identify, define, and drive discovery
- Determines UI approaches and scope of work that meet the needs of the product, user expectations, and technical feasibility
- Collaborates with other Marketing team members on the interaction design framework and execution to ensure seamless transition between user experience design and visual design: competitive audits, distilling research, ideation, final spec design, implementation, and pixel perfect documentation.
- Represents the Workiva brand in the experiences we build
- Creates and maintains visual assets to be used in the visual framework of our products
- Updates and maintains style guides and cascading style sheets that serve as the governing work on visual design components
- Considers application of interaction designs across all relevant devices, displays, applications, and input systems (mouse, touch, voice)
- Understands and accounts for accessibility requirements in designs
- Applies technical understanding of interactive web and software components to UI design
- Demonstrates ideas to stakeholders through the use of tools, such as concept models, sketches, and prototypes
- Engages with users to determine the value of the design solution
- Deciphers feedback for rapid data-driven iteration of the solution
- Works with development team to deliver the resulting solution
- Tracks, follows-up, and further iterates on the delivered solution on a timely basis
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Related field may include graphic design
- Ability to work with component-based design systems in a collaborative environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new tools and techniques
- Superior level of skill with digital tools including: Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch or Figma
- Ability to produce any digital assets that are requested at very high level of quality, with limited need to re-do
- Ability to produce pixel-perfect icons and digital assets
- Ability to ask in-depth questions on intent, scalability across the ecosystem, and impact to our visual language
- Excellent skills with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and defend design decisions
- Ability to disregard personal preference for the good of the product
- Ability to create a consistent design feel, as shown in portfolio
- Self-motivation and excellent problem-solving skills
- 6+ years of previous experience in visual design, user interface design, graphic design, or related field in marketing and web design.
- Experience working with brand creative design systems
- Experience in user interface design, discovering innovative solutions, and leadership.
- Must have a portfolio to show design work.
- Less than 10%
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $101,000-$138,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment. Effective October 18, 2021, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to visit any Workiva office, attend in-person meetings, or travel for business purposes.