HouseCanary is creating a more efficient real estate marketplace, where its trusted property valuations help consumers and investors enjoy a frictionless experience in buying, financing, and improving their homes. By working directly with institutional investors, HouseCanary already powers more than $200 million in real estate transactions each month. Through partnerships with leading financial institutions, HouseCanary’s ComeHome platform will enable consumers to close on more than $100 billion of real estate transactions this year. HouseCanary recently raised $65M in Series C funding as our team continues our hyper-growth. Founded in 2013, HouseCanary has built its reputation on developing unique analytics for the $30.7 trillion residential real estate market, based on big data and refined through machine learning. By combining this technology with its nationwide brokerage, HouseCanary is uniquely positioned to connect investors and consumers alike to the information that they care most about in an effort to modernize and streamline the home buying and home ownership process.
We're seeking a passionate Senior Product Designer to help us create delightful experiences for our customers. This Senior Product Designer will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams, driving new feature development and existing product optimization with a core focus on creating value for our customers through innovative and intuitive user experiences. If you love putting together visual prototypes and working directly with Product Managers and Engineers to make them a reality, then we encourage you to apply for this role!
What You'll Do:
- Work in a positive collaborative environment with Product Managers and Engineers to successfully roll out new products built from your designs
- Create visual, clickable prototypes (desktop and responsive mobile web) that will help drive our products forward
- Utilize data to inform your product designs
- Partner with other Product Designers on user research
- Develop a clear strategy for how, when, and what to user test
- Quickly and easily visualize concepts through flow diagrams, wireframes, low and high fidelity mock-ups and clickable prototypes eventually ending on pixel-perfect deliverables
What You Have:
- 4+ years experience designing clean, professional products
- Expertise in responsive/fluid web design
- Enthusiasm for creating engaging UI components
- Ability to communicate design rationale with the internal team and stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of visual design processes, with the desire to continually improve at every stage of design and development
- Proactive personality and conscientious problem solver
- Ability to work through ambiguity and deal with shifting priorities
- Mastery of Sketch/InVision/JIRA/Abstract
Bonus Points For:
- Prior experience in digital real estate products, fintech, or data/analytics products
- Working experience at early-stage or mid-stage startups
- A fantastic sense of humor
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Boulder. We currently work mostly remote due to Covid-19, but we will be transitioning to a hybrid remote approach (2-3 days in the office) in the Fall of 2021. Come join us!
HouseCanary is Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at HouseCanary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.