Senior Product Designer at Accelo
Founded in Wollongong, Accelo is a venture-backed SaaS company whose mission is to help service businesses succeed. Our clients are folks like digital agencies, engineers and consultants, and our leading business automation tool allows them to spend less time managing their work so they have more time doing the work they love. With so much of that work now remote, Accelo helps teams collaborate and master remote work by providing a single place to track and manage work.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working directly with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams to help solve real user problems, impacting our user base across the globe. This role involves:
- Providing career progression planning, technical leadership and guidance
- Determining team priorities and roadmaps by working with our Product Team
- Foster a culture of high performance and quality work in alignment with company values and culture
- Evaluating how projects are run and identifying ways to improve quality and throughput
- Assist in managing design projects from initial UX discovery to delivery
- Advocating for your team regarding capacity, innovation and other initiatives
- Communicate projects, endeavors, and progress within your team and to all relevant stakeholders
- Mentoring and coaching one junior designer.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and assisting UX initiatives such as user interviews, surveys, and workshops, then translating gathered insights into personas, user stories, empathy maps etc.
- Translating UX insights into lo-fidelity designs (wifreames, basic prototypes etc) as proofs of concept for iterative feedback and exploration. Then moving into a detailed design phase where all permutations are developed, ensuring the correct use of design system patterns and best UI practices
- Working closely with developers during the handoff phase, as they take your team’s designs and build them out on the Accelo platform; ensuring consistency along the way, and iterating with a team-based mindset when changes need to take place
- Working closely with the US-half of the product design team/product managers in helping shape product vision, prioritising projects, and setting other initiatives
- Through actively contributing to, evangelising, and curating the Accelo Design System, you will define and maintain the visual language that resonates with the target market by having a large influence of the UX and Design function
- 4-5+ years of full-time industry experience as a product designer
- Ideally, experience working with a SaaS product
- Comfortable with modern design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite etc) and prototyping tools (of your choice)
- Experience in solving complex business problems through design; working with ambiguity at the top of the funnel through to defined and elegant solutions with measurable results
- A portfolio showcasing delivered work that reveals empathy for customers and an understanding of what their needs are
- Experience working with collaborative, cross functional teams including engineers, quality assurance (QA), product managers, and senior leadership - with the ability to work autonomously as well
- Communication and collaboration with key members of the product design and development teams (team leads) as well as the CEO and other business unit leads
Bonus Points for...
- An understanding of software development and life cycles, agile practices, and rapid release schedules
- Experience in HTML/CSS/front-end frameworks in a way that helps you better understand contemporary web technology and constraints!
- Experience in developing a company-wide design system - from ideation to implementation
Why you’ll love it here
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing company with a clear vision to scale in the Denver, San Francisco, & Australian area
- 360 degree views of the Rockies, city, and skyline from the 12th floor of a centrally located downtown office with a world-class gym and bicycle storage (though we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19)
- Amazing benefits including fully covered individual healthcare, RTD EcoPass for convenient and environmentally conscious commutes, Friday social activities, and more!
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks, a plethora of caffeinated options
- A great team that enjoys and are passionate about the work that they do
- Accelo is committed to hiring a diverse workforce as it helps us make better decisions, succeed faster, and better serve our global clients
How to Apply
We’d love to hear from you! Share your resume, portfolio (PDF or website), and a cover letter that lets us know who you are and why you’re a great fit for us. All documents should be in PDF format.
A few things to note about the role and application process:
- We’re continuing to hire and onboard remotely due to COVID-19, so all interviews will be virtual. We will enjoy welcoming you into you back to our Denver office when it’s safe to be there!
- Initially this role will be 100% remote. Once we get over this crazy pandemic, we are open to a mix of permanent part time remote work combined with some regular weekly face to face office time or full time at the office. The ideal candidate will live close enough to Denver to make working from our office viable at some point. Talk to us - we will try to be flexible for the right person.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and warmly welcome diversity in our team.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!