Senior Product Designer
Note: all applicants please add a link to your portfolio in your resume
Small business makes the world go 'round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
The Sr. Product Designer is responsible for the interaction design of Xero's online accounting service and its associated service delivery systems. The interaction designs define the interface architecture, workflow and visual design of these software applications.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with both local and global engineering, design and product teams, customers and partners to solve user needs and business objectives
- You'll be available for domestic and international travel
- Contribute to the development of concepts and solutions that improve the Xero user experience, the product, and the platform
- Address user needs in a holistic way, taking into account the total user experience across the platform and considering the broader user workflow
- Produce and share design prototypes showing how a user will experience your solution – design prototypes need to show both the interaction flow and visual design solution
- Collaborate with the product development and other related teams to set expectations for project scope and delivery timeframes
- Collaborate with the wider team to communicate and refine the solution, reducing it down to a solution that solves the problem in the most meaningful and elegant way which can be built and released within an urgent timeframe
- Collaborate with the design and product development teams to ensure project delivery meets deadlines and quality standards
- Collaborate with the wider design team to implement and improve design patterns, when needed invent new design patterns
- Promote design thinking across the entire business, so other people and teams think in terms of delivering a thoughtful, elegant and pleasant user experience
- Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help communicate the benefits and advantages of the solutions you create
- Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help maintain a consistent experience between the product and all related promotions and educational materials (website, videos, ads, presentations, training)
Success looks like
- Design projects delivered on schedule against agreed deadlines, to the highest quality standards.
- Create inspiring and innovative solutions to briefs and business problems.
- Collaborate and contribute to the Marketing, Design and Development teams.
- Communicate project status updates to stakeholders.
What you'll bring with you
● Excellent communicator
● User focused
● Presents solutions
● Builds effective relationships
● Passion for web and mobile technology
● Tertiary qualification preferred
● Experience with product design
● Usability and interaction design experience
● Experience designing mobile applications
What we offer
The opportunity to be part of a growing global success story; a fun, fast-paced work environment and a relaxed, supportive team which encourages personal growth; competitive salary, shares in the company; generous 4-weeks of PTO, 5 wellness days, standard holidays and office closure between Christmas and New Year's; flexible work arrangements and a plush new office environment in downtown Denver.
If you are ready to take on a new challenge in a fast-paced organization where the sky's the limit we want to hear from you.