Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve! We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
As part of Invitae, Ciitizen’s mission is to empower Earth’s 7+ billion citizens with control over their healthcare data and thereby their health. Current patient portals fail to provide this, surfacing minimal data for specific providers only. While provider-led interoperability initiatives attempt to mitigate these issues, they often still fail to piece together a patient’s full history.
The truth is, only patients have the ability to ensure their data is fully captured. At Ciitizen, we embraced this early and developed all of our technology and processes around this simple fact. As a result, patients on Ciitizen are able to easily access their *full* medical history in a format that’s universally shareable and usable (i.e., semantically interoperable).About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer who thinks big and digs in. You’ll be thinking through holistic platform experience design and frameworks while designing the components and UI that bring the product to life. You’ll own the end-to-end design of our core product, and engage across a number of exciting product growth areas to create novel and coherent experiences. You’ll work closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Partnerships and our end users to make your designs a reality. Your user-centered focus will be critical to identifying the highest impact solutions for patients, and their providers and partners. This is a role with the scope to impact the entire platform and shape our design practice.
At Ciitizen, backed by Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in health data and genetics. We’re a tight-knit, fast-growing team with a mandate to make each patient’s health data work for them. Across Invitae, our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
San Francisco, CA or Remote (anywhere in US)Responsibilities:
- Design our core experiences for patients, providers and partners, backed by user-centered design thinking and insights -- from conception to execution
- Define and grow our design systems
- Identify new product and design opportunities based on your evolving understanding of our users
- Work very closely with Product, Engineering and a wide set of cross-functional leads to translate product strategy into high impact design
- Provide strong design leadership and guidance to ensure quality, consistency and usability of our products
- Communicate and advocate for our design direction with leadership across Ciitizen and Invitae
- Work closely with engineering to ensure a rapid and effective translation of design to execution
- Collaborate across the Invitae design community. Represent our users’ needs and product while learning from the broader Invitae portfolio. Work across the design team to create new solutions that leverage capabilities from across the organization.
- BA degree in Design or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience designing digital products from concept to deployment
- Strong background in User Experience (UX) or User-Centered Design (UCD)
- Strong background in User Interface (UI) or Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Highly skilled with design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Experience creating and growing Design Systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, detail oriented and receptive to feedback
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
- Experience mentoring other designers, and the desire to grow leadership scope as our team grows
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.