Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix -- for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors (including Sequoia, Forerunner, and Tusk), and following our recent Series C raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!
As a company rooted in nature, we deeply understand the benefits of diversity. We work to build a culture that attracts talented people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to help us bring lawn care out of the dark ages. We are committed to building an inclusive, vibrant team that brings determination and passion to our work everyday.
Sunday is looking for a talented and motivated Sr Product Designer - Team Lead excited to lead the design team to create customer-centric on-site experiences for an innovative and fast-growing outdoor home company. The role will involve leading the design team in researching, planning, designing, and working alongside our technology team to implement new products, features and functionality that provide value to our customers. The ideal candidate able to add value as both a team leader and an individual contributor.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
You’ll Make an Impact By:
- Lead the product design team ensuring usability and cohesiveness across the suite of customer experiences
- Design and specify user journeys, use cases, and interfaces – using participatory and iterative design methods including, but not limited to, user research, contextual interviews and usability testing
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Develop UI mockups, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes through feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Advocate on behalf of the customer’s best interest when it comes to decisions for new and updated features and products
- Iterative approach to all phases of design
- Creating and observing A/B tests
- Experience with end-to-end product design
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams
- Product Design Experience: You have 7+ years experience as a Product Designer with experience across UX, UI, Visual Design and User Research
- Leadership Experience: You have experience leading designers and aligning teams a shared strategy. You define and take responsibility for outcomes. You communicate and influence at all levels within the organization
- Technical chops: You have collaborated with engineers in developing rich usable and functional experiences. You are well-versed at discussing trade-offs to ensure delivery and impact
- Strategic: You can craft a coherent design vision and the steps to building towards the vision
- Customer-minded: You are passionate about understanding the motivations, values, and needs of the customer
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Flexible remote/in-office work
- Autonomy to make critical decisions that will drive team success
- Compensation Range: $150,000 - $200,000
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Unlimited PTO
- Location: Remote / Boulder, CO Named best place to live by U.S. News for the past 2 years
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why!. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.