Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
* In one of our #beautiful offices
* Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
* Permanently Remote
About the role
Senior Product Designers at Xero are responsible for designing beautiful, enabling and meaningful experiences that solve genuine customer problems. As a seasoned designer you’ll be leading design activities within the new Global Capabilities team working on our core tax platform components.
You’ll champion consistent, quality user experiences that scale across our tax products globally. There will be a strong emphasis on upfront discovery work from both a user and technical perspective.
The key stakeholders for the Global Capabilities team will be other product teams delivering effortless compliance experiences in each of their regions. You will need to build effective relationships with the designers in these teams to support, guide and generate solutions that meet the needs of their customers.
Ideally you will be based in Melbourne and be in proximity to your cross-disciplinary team and also the Melbourne design team based there. However we are also considering applicants based in other locations across Australia.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with the design researchers to conduct, analyse and articulate insights from research and testing
- Facilitate cross-functional team workshops, bringing the right people together at key points in the design process
- Engage with other designers to test ideas, share challenges, provide feedback and build quality into your practice
- Work closely with platform architects to understand the technology and how it influences a concept’s feasibility
- Liaise with regional teams who will act as customers of these global platform solutions
- Design user experiences that are intuitive, scaleable and meaningful for multiple regions around the globe
- Consult with development teams during sprints to provide design QA and problem solve issues as they arise
- Promote the value of design and collaborative practice
What you'll bring with you:
- Interest in delivering scaleable, flexible core platform solutionsTrack record of delivering high quality experiences
- Excellent interaction / visual design skills
- Demonstrated discovery skills and understanding of UX methodologies
- Strong communication, relationship building & stakeholder management skills
- A self starter, showing initiative and good work management skills
- A passion for quality critique and fostering design uplift
- Experience designing for platforms an advantage
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.