Delivering great user experiences is one of the core values upon which Recurly has been built. Whether it’s designing a marketing web page or crafting the very user interface our customers rely on to run their businesses, the Design Team is involved at every step. We’re responsible for creating the brand promise customers have in their first interaction with Recurly and ensuring that we deliver on that promise in the product itself.
Subscription businesses around the world rely on our product every day to secure critical billing information, invoice and communicate with their customers, and evaluate their reporting data. It’s crucial that our brand and product experience communicate confidence and credibility at every step. As the Sr. Manager, Product Design, you’ll lead a small but impactful team of product designers as you help us evolve the next generation of our product. Recurly relies on design to differentiate our product and brand from our competitors. In your role you’ll empathize with our customers’ needs, create scalable design systems, and lead the product design team to deliver beautiful and intuitive interfaces. We appreciate designers who think deeply, express clearly, and empower collaboration.
But you won’t do it alone. You’ll work closely as a partner with product managers, engineers, product marketers, and other designers putting Design Thinking to work to bring it all to life.
- Be responsible for all user experiences across the product, and ensure that everything Recurly puts out meets our high standard of design
- Develop design processes to scale design thinking
- Guide the team towards simple and intuitive solutions for our customers
- Ensure we deeply empathize with and understand our many different users, the problems they’re trying to solve, and build experiences that delight and deliver for them
- Ensure the team is delivering great design quickly, predictably, and with appropriately defined scope
- Know empathy is the most important design skill you possess
- Meet regularly with business partners (Product, Engineering, Product Marketing) to give/gather feedback on projects, drive performance forward, and identify strategic opportunities
- Remain hands-on to lead specific projects and efforts when needed
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Manage the overall health, well-being and career development of the product design team
- Gauge performance of individual contributors and managers, and have candid conversations focused on helping them improve
- Take feedback and continuously improve yourself as a design leader
- Partner with the Director of Brand Design to define the design team’s vision and to help set team and individual goals
- Represent Recurly’s design culture both internally and externally
- 6+ years of experience as a hands-on Product Designer working across a wide range of products and driving creative solutions
- 3+ years of direct experience managing design teams - you are skilled at mentoring and growing designers, and have experience as a people leader
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that showcases your ability to ship successful products
- You bring out the absolute best in the designers who work for you — they know it, and can’t wait to work with you again
- Scrappy enough to dive into the details and work through particularly tough problems yourself
- Are always ready to question assumptions and previous decisions whether they are in the product or in business decisions
- Understand technical products, and are excited to take complicated problems and make them simple for our customers to control and manage
- You’re a confident and experienced leader and manager—you grow your people and make sure their environment and team processes set them up to build great products
- Highly collaborative, low-ego approach to design
Design at Recurly
Recurly is committed to a strong user experience from the CEO on down and sophisticated design is a top priority here. You’ll be part of a small but growing design team with the opportunity to tackle interesting challenges on a daily basis.
Our Recurly Team Dribbble Page will give you a sense of the overall aesthetic as well as our Company Website.
Recurly App Screen Examples
Product UI Kit
Activities Design Workshop
Web Content Examples
Subscriber Retention Benchmarks
Blueprint for Subscription Success
Minimize Churn and Maximize Revenue
Revenue Optimization Engine
Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, short and long-term disability, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, accident coverage, employee assistance coverage, tax-free commuter savings, 401(k), daily catered meals, flexible hours, events and meetups, snacks and drinks, games, access to our Penthouse space, happy hours, team building activities, and company outings
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, Asana, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2010, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries.
Offices located in San Francisco, California, Boulder, Colorado, and New Orleans, Louisiana