Senior Lead UX Researcher
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is helping change the way we buy, sell and consume advertising as one of the leaders in the programmatic industry. Since the programmatic industry is young, you will directly contribute to a new experience that translates the massive power of our technology into simple and elegant workflows for ad agency partners and advertisers. Our industry is complicated, but we don’t believe our platform should be.
You’ll be joining a small but growing team of experienced designers who are paving the way to create a more user-centered platform. Our team thrives on collaborating across teams, and digging in to fully understand the context of any problem. We value ideas and feedback from everyone, and we’re incredibly fortunate to sit next to people who use the platform on a day-to-day basis.
As a UX Researcher at The Trade Desk, you will have a unique opportunity to shape our fast-growing platform used by thousands of people across the globe. You will be play a significant role not just on UX team, but to the company as a whole. As a UX Researcher, you will help inform our product and design process with qualitative and quantitative data. Your work will help generate new ideas and expand our knowledge understanding of our users.
At The Trade Desk, we believe each opportunity to engage with consumers is unique. Because of this, our platform provides advertisers and their agencies with an unprecedented level of power to describe and reach their target audience. This means user experience can make or break our business – our users must have all the flexibility to harness our system’s growing power and should be able to use our platform with unparalleled ease.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- You will work as a member of our UX/UI Design team, planning and executing a full-cycle research program from early strategic direction through post-release validation in an agile development process.
- You can implement and utilize a variety of research and testing tools to validate and guide design concepts, from user research and user story generation/validation, participatory design workshops, interviews, usability studies, and quantitative methods such as surveys and data analytics.
- You will conduct on-site and remote usability studies with internal and external Trade Desk employees and customers
- You involve stakeholders, in every stage of your research from planning to execution to analysis.
- You will help train members of our team on research best practices as designers continue to conduct their own research.
- You can effectively lead design thinking workshops to plan and prioritize research, and to translate customer insights into product direction.
- You know how to track, communicate, and evangelize insights, your research to the larger organization. You evangelize your research findings, collaborate on projects to understand our customers’ end-to-end customer journey, and to promote UX research as a strategic driver for our products and services.
- You will pioneer the use of analytics within the UX team and pair with other teams to get more readily available access to helpful data
- You will manage and be responsible for our growing list of external and internal testers, and reaching out to users who match desired personas to facilitate testing on behalf of the design team.
- You share customer insights with the broader organization to increase internal knowledge of customers and their workflows
- 5+ years experience as a User Researcher (experience in AdTech is a plus)
- You are a story teller. You know how to deliver your research findings to communicate action items to your stakeholders
- You’re an excellent communicator and collaborator. You pride yourself on your clear verbal and written communication, and your ability to share and evangelize research findings in a clear and compelling way to diverse audiences including executives.
- You don’t fear complexity. You recognize that impactful change requires understanding not only of product, but of organization and culture. You’re not afraid to dive into research on complex software with a broad user base of users and engineers.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI/UX standards, research trends, design best practices and technologies
- Strong background in conducting usability studies.
- Proactive, inquisitive, have a natural empathy for users, and you love translating research questions into a clear research plan and then executing on it in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to adjust your level of depth and time spent in research in order deliver on projects of varying sizes
- Experience working with a UI/UX design teams as well as establishing and scaling research structures at organizations
- Prior design experience or background a plus
- Experience leading design sprints a plus
- Experience in a programmatic advertising is a plus
- Agile development experience is a plus
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.