Senior Instructional Designer at RingCentral (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
RingCentral Global Service and Support is all about the customer—devoted to making sure every customer’s need is met, and that they’re able to use our products effectively and easily. As a member of the Global Service and Support team you’ll lead the post-sale experience for our customers. As our customers’ central point of contact, you’ll champion their needs, share deep product knowledge, provide innovative solutions, and build relationships that show our customers what “winning together” truly means.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
RingCentral is looking for a senior instructional designer who specializes in how learning technology and course and curricula design come together to create great learner experiences. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Instructional Design, this role will be a key contributor to the expansion and ongoing improvement of our self-service customer training initiative. This role will focus primarily on curriculum design and development, learner experience design, and learning program evaluation and improvement.
- Evaluate, design, and re-design curriculum approaches for self-service customer training
- Translate high-level business strategy into the optimal learning solutions
- Connect-the-dots between technology, learning theory, design, and analysis to drive innovation in our customer-facing training programs
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems, instigate cross-functional efforts, and build relationships across organization boundaries
- Inject engaging, visual, hands-on approaches into our learning programs
- Conduct needs assessments, gap analyses, and program and user research
- Evaluate your learning programs for efficiency, effectiveness, and customer experience
- Seek continuous improvement; be willing to try new ideas to produce better results
- Look for answers wherever they’re hiding, even under rocks you don’t normally lift
- Pursue the customer’s point of view, take what they tell you to heart, and then use that insight to improve their experience with our learning programs
- Collaborate with colleagues on questions of strategy, design, performance, behavior, analysis, and improvement
- Think and act like a teammate. Ask for Help when you need it, offer help when you can, celebrate everyone’s success.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Amazing at asking questions and listening to the answers
- Sees patterns and connections, and is curious about how things do and do not fit together
- Considers the current best thinking in learning, technology, and design, and about how this might or might not relate to the problems we’re working to solve
- Gets stuff done. This is a forest AND trees job, so you’l need to be able to think about the big picture while tending to the details.
- Able to work in a fast, creative, iterative process. Whether you know it as Agile, SAM, iterative design, design thinking, or one of its other incarnations, you’ll need to be comfortable working small, quick, and user-centered.
- Able to communicate ideas and information in ways that invites others to understand and participate
- Proven project and people management skills, including personal initiative, organization, problem-solving, and follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain solid cross-functional relationships
- Proven success with blended learning design, development, and delivery, including instructor-led classroom, instructor-led online, and independent online learning
- Demonstrated history of being interested and involved in the science of learning and the field of Instructional Design
- Experience with key learning technologies (LMS, CMS, LRS, authoring tools, APIs, etc.)
- Have a hands-on history of learning new technologies
- Courage and confidence to challenge the status quo, express views openly, and advocate for trying new approaches and taking appropriate risks
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills
- Have worked on teams that are cross-functional, collaborative, and geographically dispersed
- Willing and able to develop product and industry expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional technology, instructional design, computer science, or a related field is required
- 8 years of experience designing and delivering training programs for multiple modalities is required
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are hired in Colorado, the compensation range for this position is between $78,000 and $116,000 for full-time employees, in addition to eligibility for variable pay, equity, and benefits. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health and wellness, 401k, ESPP, vacation, parental leave, and more! The salary may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.