Senior Instructional Designer
Senior Instructional Designer
Scaled Agile, Inc., (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 450,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of position:
The Scaled Agile Learning and Certification team has an open role for a dynamic Senior Instructional Designer. You will join our agile learning and certification development team and apply lean-agile methods to analysis, design and development of high quality learning experience content for Scaled Agile’s worldwide partners and customers.
You will join a talented team of Senior Instructional Designers and Graphic Artist with cross functional skillsets. Your expertise and design skills will have a global impact in the quality of our courseware.
You will help develop courseware that reaches over 450,000K people across all industries and helps improve their engagement in work as well as their personal lives.
This role is focused on producing content based on adult learning principles and innovative instructional and learning experience design methods.
What you will do:
- Establish strong working relationships with content Product Owners and subject matter experts to analyze target audience needs (knowledge and performance gaps)
- Perform agile role based analysis in order to identify learning outcomes, supporting objectives, and critical skills
- Work as a change agent in collaborative lean-agile team environments to create a wide variety of learning assets
- Apply principles of cognition and adult learning to content design and development to address the needs of adult learners, encourage classroom participation, and actively engage students in all aspects of their learning process.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- Strong learning development and design background with experience creating and implementing a wide range of learning solutions
- Minimum of 7 years working as a technical courseware developer or writer, with demonstrated experience in learning experience design techniques
- Proficiency developing instructional resources, including: instructor-led course content, instructor and student guides, workbooks, active learning content and exercises, video products, online content, assessments, professional development and performance tools
- Ability to apply Agile working practices in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent knowledge of learning theory, brain science, adult learning principles, active learning, instructional design, and learning experience design methods
- Experience performing needs assessment and agile role-based analysis
- Ability to write clean and concise instructional content
- Graphic design capability including creating graphics in PowerPoint and Illustrator in support of visualizing instructional content for adult learners
- Develop courseware kits by assembling diverse digital media assets. This includes creating new assets when needed, updating and managing existing assets
- Video scripting and familiarity with a video production environment
- Aptitude for Word, PowerPoint, Camtasia, and Captivate
- Familiarity with SCORM, online learning, and learning technology
- Experience writing for non-English speaking audiences
- Bachelor degree in instructional design or educational technology (M. Ed. preferred).
Where you’ll be working:
This position is located in our corporate headquarters and learning center in east Boulder, Colorado.
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and a serious opportunity to be the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have free snacks and a nice office environment, Foosball and a kegerator are not what we’re about.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and create real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. We still read cover letters.