Senior Graphic Designer at Sunday
Sunday Senior Graphic Designer
NOTE: We are only hiring local candidates for this position.
Online Portfolio required
We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix for Lawns.)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors (including Sequoia, Forerunner, and Tusk), and following our Series B raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out our recent coverage on TechCrunch!
If you have a passion for creating beautiful, clean, original design, and thrive in an environment where you may move from print design, to digital, to email design , to social media within the same day, you may be the designer Sunday is looking for.
Are you motivated by the challenge of finding great design within the boundaries of company branding standards? Are you inspired by beautiful design and are excited by the opportunity that working for a dynamic in-house design team provides?
Our designers bring enthusiasm, ideas, insights, and an inquisitive nature—always looking for something new when it comes to design innovation. Working with multiple departments, you will be responsible for brainstorming creative concepts, developing original ideas, and executing new designs based on established style guides.
What we’d like to see:
- Conceptual thinking. We are looking for someone who can start a project off from an incredibly strong point of view and come up with surprising, original concepts to move the project forward.
- A strong background of visual design experience, in-house experience is a plus
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills—the ability to work with many different people across the organization and the confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly.
- A great attitude and a lack of ego.
- 5-7 years experience
How you’ll spend your day:
- Digital Design –Design landing pages, digital ads, emails, social media posts, and other assets for our site, app, and blog.
- Print – Design for direct mail, packaging, displays and more.
- Illustration – Create illustrations and infographics for use in email, social media and display
- Animation – if you have animation or motion graphics skills, that is a nice-to- have for us.
- Multi-tasking – Work on multiple projects simultaneously, troubleshoot obstacles, and provide outstanding communication to the team throughout the design process.
We need someone who is self-reliant and self-motivated in our fast-paced, ever-evolving atmosphere. If you’re confident in your design skills, and this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you.
What we think it takes to be successful here:
- 5+ years experience with the graphic design (digital and print)
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Motion graphics/animation experience is a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment with many teams
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
- In-House design experience a plus
- Online Portfolio required
- BA / BFA recommended
- Be a core member of a small, focused, Creative team
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 99%; spouse/family 50%
- Unlimited PTO
- Salary range: $80,000 - $90,000 annually
- 401(k) program
- Location: Boulder, CO / COVID Remote