Senior Graphic Designer
Skookum is growing! We are seeking a creative and driven person who is looking to execute his/her talent and take our brand to the next level. We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer who possesses a strong understanding of brand identity, digital marketing and design. Our desire is to drive a level of design excellence, consistency and quality to our website, social media channels, sales presentations and proposals. This role will both be for Skookum Marketing and external client projects as well. We work on really interesting custom technology projects for clients and there are a number of these projects that include motion graphic explainer videos. This role will require a strong illustration ability to help create the design assets for these as well. UX/UI and photography skills are a plus.
We expect you to tinker, we expect you to be brilliant and most of all, we expect you to have fun! You’re not here to fill a vacant cog in our wheel. You’ll be here to improve the skills of our collective team. In short, this job doesn’t exist without you.
About the role:
As a Designer, you will:
- Work closely with Skookum Marketing team members in Charlotte or Denver. (remote not an option currently)
- Own our brand identity and design including: iconography, illustration style and website.
- Run our Skookum Instagram account.
- On client projects, be involved in product strategy to help shape direction and turn ideas and concepts into a design.
- Advocate for simple, elegant solutions to solve problems.
- Design and propose creative elements for visual purposes in marketing collateral.
- Gather user feedback and data to inform your designs.
- Communicate persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of an organization.
- You know great design. You can walk us through your portfolio and tell a compelling story.
- Experience in email, slide decks, social media and web design are required.
- Familiar with various platform standards and best practices.
- You have a strong visual eye and want the design as polished as possible, but you also value a good hard deadline.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of an organization.
- An insatiable curiosity and a constant drive to do and be better.
We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO. We believe in work/life balance and downright frown upon overworking yourself. We offer competitive perks including continuing education opportunities, team lunches every Friday, small, dynamic teams, and Open PTO.