Senior Design Associate at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Senior Design Associate. This role will sit on our Brand and Creative team and report to a Senior Design Manager. This is a unique opportunity to exercise your graphic design skills by working on a range of ambitious and innovative projects!
In particular, we are looking for someone who’s passionate about design and wants to make an impact for Guild’s various stakeholders. The ideal candidate will roll up their sleeves, act as a thought partner in the visual presence of Guild’s brand, and is interested in supporting a growing team with strategic, thoughtful design solutions.
As Senior Design Associate, you will:
- Work alongside other design associates and creatives to support the various needs of teams across the organization
- Produce and execute assets for print and digital, including campaign work, ebooks, presentations, guides and white papers, social media, and infographics
- Contribute to the direction and evolution of Guild’s brand and visual identity, helping to expand and scale design systems and processes
- Collaborate with the content teams to translate creative concepts into high-quality, brand-aligned, and production-ready deliverables
- Pay exceptional attention to detail, whether the project be small or large
- Support design thinking activities cross-functionally to absorb knowledge and needed information from stakeholders
- Communicate, participate, and prepare for design walkthroughs, critiques, and reviews
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- An online or PDF portfolio demonstrating a broad range of design work
- A keen eye for detail and impeccable understanding of visual elements (typography, layout, color, etc.)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage priorities and self-directed projects.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- A drive to work hard and bring your own perspective/experience to your work and the broader team while working in a high-velocity and ever-changing startup
- Familiarity with creative tools such as Ceros, AfterEffects, Miro, or Wordpress
- Prior experience with a B2B/B2C business structure
- Prior experience directly supporting enterprise sales and marketing teams
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation — and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild’s investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $65,000-$76,250 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth