Quantitative User Experience Researcher
At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
We believe great systems are the result of elegant design, simple solutions, and superb collaboration with some of the best teams in the industry. We believe in small, empowered teams. We promote openness through open source contributions (github.com/workiva). We are committed to consistently pushing boundaries to create powerful, innovative solutions to real-world problems.
At Workiva we create Wdesk, a best-in-class collaborative solution for enterprise productivity and business reporting. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync and reducing risk. We pride ourselves on bringing a consumer-quality user experience to business users by fostering a deep understanding of their needs and by continuously validating solutions with data.
What You'll Do:
User Experience Researchers at Workiva help product teams make data-driven decisions. User Experience Researchers work with user experience designers, engineers, and product managers to plan and execute studies, analyze results, and communicate findings. They use analytics, surveys, usability testing, interviews, and observation to foster understanding of users and their problems, and they play a key role in maintaining customer feedback relationships.
What You Should Have :
As a UxR, you are intensely curious. You quickly identify puzzles, then systematically collect, analyze, and interpret relevant data to solve them. When presented with a set of data, you find creative ways to apply it to practical questions. You have a deep understanding of sound research and you know when and how you can bend the rules. You feel equally at home in a personal conversation with users or a pile of numerical data. You possess many of the following characteristics:
- 2+ Years of experience in quantitative research and data analysis
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a research-intensive field such as human-computer interaction, human factors, psychology, sociology, statistics, or data science
- A diverse research toolkit, possibly including computational analysis, statistical tests, usability tests, questionnaires, interviewing, and more
- Expertise in quantitative research methods with qualitative or design research methods a secondary benefit
- Ability to communicate findings and recommend action informed by data
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills across disciplines
- Possess superior self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or industrial context
- Strong understanding of user experience principles and methods
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and SQL
- Experience in software development, cloud applications, productivity, or social software
- Experience practicing LEAN and/or Agile methodologies applied to product development
- Experience facilitating human subject studies like user testing and interviews
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
Where You'll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as-needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page:https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.