Do you want to work for a design-driven company where you can help millions of homeowners build wealth with their home? And be a part of a team where you have ownership to drive design decisions and see the immediate impact of your work?
Homebot is a Denver-based, fast-growing company revolutionizing how homeowners build personal wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own -- their home. We sell our SaaS platform services to real estate agents, lenders and loan servicers as a way to keep their clients engaged long after the sale is complete. Our customers love us and we love them!
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great addition to the team!)
When applying for this position, please provide a link to your portfolio. We’re interested in your design process, techniques and methodologies; not just polished or final visuals. We love to see sketches, workflows, annotated wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys, task analysis, brainstorms and other artifacts of how you tackled the design challenge from start to finish.
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office. (Currently, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely and will continue to do so until October 28, 2021. Until then, you can work remotely in another state but will eventually need to be in the Denver area once we reopen. When we return to office, we will have a hybrid work model in place that will allow employees to split their time between working in-office and from home a few days a week.)
Compensation: We are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including skills, qualifications and professional experience, which can cause your compensation to vary. This role has an annual targeted base salary range of $95,000.00 - $120,000.00 plus a 10% annual performance bonus target. For additional details on our total benefits package, please review the section “Why Homebot?” at the end of this job description.
Who we strive to be as Homebotters:
- Servant Leaders: We serve our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Respect, Thoughtfulness & Maturity: We show through our actions
- Accountability: We know our jobs & take ownership
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, & paddle together
- Diligent: We are persistent in the details
- Initiative: We seek improvements continuously
- Solution Drivers: We create solutions rather than focus on problems
- Positivity Builders: We recognize that great attitudes are contagious
- Learners: We fail fast & share from our experiences & mistakes
What you’ll do:
Lead and participate in discovery practices
- Conduct foundational and usability research
- Collaborate with teammates to frame the problem we’re trying to solve
- Determine personas and define their core needs
- Brainstorm solutions via sketches, wireframes, prototypes, user flows etc.
- Lead usability testing both pre and post-launch
Create high-fidelity designs
- Translate discovery findings and business objectives into simple experiences
- Pull from our existing design system and advocate for new, improved patterns
- Utilize your solid visual and compositional skills
- Aim to delight - flex those animation and illustration muscles
- Understand and implement accessibility and WCAG standards
- Make understanding user needs your #1 priority
Facilitate projects with your team
- Collaborate with product and engineering to define project scope to build, measure and learn from
- Identify KPIs to measure success
- Optimize engineering efficiency by balancing beautiful solutions with technical constraints
- Test and validate new features in staging and ensure design quality
Be a team player
- Communicate clearly to define, discuss, and present your work
- Feel comfortable giving and receiving candid feedback
- Maintain a sense of "product ownership" to see all projects and bugs through to successful resolution
- Love to collaborate and bounce ideas off teammates
- This role will report to our Design Team Lead
- You will work closely with the Product and Engineering team
- You will be part of 3 other Designers on the team
Experience & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience designing for consumer-facing or enterprise SaaS applications
- Deep understanding of customer empathy to create elegant but practical solutions
- A portfolio showcasing seamless and consistent product-centric user experiences
- Fluent in modern tools like Figma, Sketch, Invision, Principle, Jira, etc.
- Mastery of design systems and component libraries
- Experience working within a cross-functional team in an agile environment
- Experience with front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Designed data visualization or fintech projects
- Knowledge and passion of real estate or lending industries
- Experience designing for Android or iOS apps
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members, aka Homebotters, are not only passionate about our product, but also about how they interact with each other. We push ourselves every day to be better, challenge each other to continuously grow, and to have fun doing it. We are professional when we need to be and goofy when it’s time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews and visit BuiltinColorado’s Best Places to Work list (#75!) and Best Small Places to Work (#21!).
With the mortgage and tech industries being highly male-dominated, we're proud to be a tech company in the mortgage space with ~50% female employees across the organization.
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Health benefits (we pay 99% of the Homebotter’s cost for the 80/20 medical plan)
- Medical & Dental: United Healthcare
- Vision: Beam (VSP)
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & reward team members as they reach milestone years of service (3 weeks accrued vacation to start!)
- Paid Parental Leave - 12 Weeks!
- 401K (Guideline)
- Remote Activities: Wellness Challenges, Trivia, Tequila & Chocolate Tasting, Whiskey Tasting!
- Hybrid Working Model - Blend Work From Home and In-Office Days
- Denver EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Office location in downtown Denver (top floor overlooking Union Station!)
- Events like: Tasty Tuesdays, Wellness Wednesdays and Thankful Thursdays
- Onsite Massages 2x/month
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet and snacks
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge
- Monthly lunch paid by Homebot
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Volunteer Days, Giving Tree)
- Open work environment with sit/stand desks
- Leadership Training & Promote from within
- Professional development opportunities/trainings
- Opportunities for career growth and upleveling skills
More about Homebot
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes homeowners to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own, their home.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're over 80 Homebotters strong and expect to continue that growth throughout the year. Join us!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai