This role works closely with our product managers and software engineering teams to deliver a delightful and highly functional experience for our users. The role serves as an advocate for users to ensure a positive experience and is responsible for conducting user research and designing a user experience — interactions, tasks, navigation, and flow — that is usable and productive. Tactically, this means conducting testing throughout the product development process (concept, validation, usability, etc.), wireframing, prototyping, creating and maintaining our design system, and reinforcing the overall design principles of our applications.
- Driving forward a design-led process, e.g. problem definition, ideation, conducting workshops, etc.
- Developing and documenting effective interaction design.
- Partnering with stakeholders including the product management team and engineering to design and deliver a delightful and highly functional experience to our users.
- Conducting user research and usability testing.
- Creating and maintaining front end standards.
- Developing prototypes, wireframes, and other graphical and technical expressions.
- Writing software requirements and user stories.
- Contributing to understanding of user personas and journeys.
- Advocating for user empathy at GHX — by deeply understanding users’ needs and attitudes.
- Organized, highly motivated individual with excellent project management and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the technology space.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Travel Requirements 20% when it is deemed safe to do so.
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of experience with human-centered design techniques: observation, research, ideation, rapid prototyping and iteration and the design process.
- Experience creating user personas, defining information architecture, requirement gathering and acceptance criteria
- Experience creating low- and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Knowledge of software tools (i.e. Axure, InVision, Sketch, Balsamiq, Adobe Create Suite, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.