What you’ll do
- Collaborate with both local and global engineering, design and product teams, customers and partners to solve user needs and business objectives
- You’ll be available for domestic and international travel
- Contribute to the development of concepts and solutions that improve the Xero user experience, the product, and the platform
- Address user needs in a holistic way, taking into account the total user experience across the platform and considering the broader user workflow
- Produce and share design prototypes showing how a user will experience your solution – design prototypes need to show both the interaction flow and visual design solution
- Collaborate with the product development and other related teams to set expectations for project scope and delivery timeframes
- Collaborate with the wider team to communicate and refine the solution, reducing it down to a solution that solves the problem in the most meaningful and elegant way which can be built and released within an urgent timeframe
- Collaborate with the design and product development teams to ensure project delivery meets deadlines and quality standards
- Collaborate with the wider design team to implement and improve design patterns, when needed invent new design patterns
- Promote design thinking across the entire business, so other people and teams think in terms of delivering a thoughtful, elegant and pleasant user experience
- Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help communicate the benefits and advantages of the solutions you create
- Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help maintain a consistent experience between the product and all related promotions and educational materials (website, videos, ads, presentations, training)
Success looks like
- Design projects delivered on schedule against agreed deadlines, to the highest quality standards.
- Create inspiring and innovative solutions to briefs and business problems.
- Collaborate and contribute to the Marketing, Design and Development teams.
- Communicate project status updates to stakeholders.
What you’ll bring with you: Critical Competencies
- Excellent communicator
- User focused
- Presents solutions
- Builds effective relationships
- Passion for web and mobile technology
What you’ll bring with you: Experience
- Tertiary qualification preferred
- 3+ years of experience with product design
- Usability and interaction design experience
- Experience designing mobile applications