Product Designer at HomeAdvisor
Do you have a passion for designing beautiful, user-centered interfaces across the ever-evolving array of digital platforms? Are you an agile, problem solver who wants to help create innovative products? Are you a collaborative, team player that knows the power of an integral brand identity and a unified design system? Do you have 1-2 years of experience working with a Product design or UX design team? Then you might be the Product / UI Designer that HomeAdvisor needs!
HomeAdvisor is the leading online marketplace connecting homeowners with pre-screened and rated service providers. As our Product Designer, you will be part of our dynamic in-house Product Design team, working to support multiple Product delivery teams as well as marketing initiatives for HomeAdvisor and our companion brands.
We’re looking for the type of designer that knows how to use both sides of the brain, is fluent in the language of visual communication and can articulate how design decisions relate to business goals.
If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
How you’ll spend your day:
- Ideate – work with our Product Design team and product managers to think through user design problems and usability questions
- Prototype – Build prototypes in Sketch and InVision for review and testing
- UI Design – Design, present, and deliver mock-ups and other graphic assets for our websites, mobile apps, and emails.
- Graphic Design – Create visual design assets and components that work within our UI
- Coordinating with Multiple Stakeholders and Teams – Work on multiple projects with overlapping timelines while staying on schedule and in communication about the status of each.
What we think it takes to be successful here:
- 1-2 years of experience in Visual and UX/UI design (desktop and mobile)
- Proficiency in Sketch is a must
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a must
- Experience with, and an understanding of, responsive design
- General understanding of how web and mobile apps are built (although not a coding role)
- UI animation experience a plus
- UX research experience a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Great attitude and the flexibility to work with many different stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
- In-house design experience a plus
- Online Portfolio required
- BA / BFA recommended
Want a shot at being part of the HomeAdvisor team? Send us your resume and a link to your portfolio at HomeAdvisor.com, and we’ll take it from there.