Product Designer at Ombud
Ombud is the market leader for intelligent sales operations. Used by enterprises to maximize revenue processes, industry leaders such as Rapid7, AmerisourceBergen, LogMeIn, Kronos, and Marketo rely on Ombud to reduce their sales cycle and increase revenue conversion.
We are currently seeking an experienced Product Designer to help drive the future of our platform design at a very exciting stage of growth. You will be an evangelist of our product gathering feedback and understanding opportunities for Ombud’s roadmap. You will evolve our design features from existing ideas and even be willing to entertain a complete rewrite of our user interface if enhancements are not enough.
Your relentless focus on execution, data-driven decision-making, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams will transform our product vision into reality.
What You’ll Do:
- Produce high quality user experiences through prototypes, flow diagrams, storyboards, and site maps
- Become a customer advocate via user-centered designs. This person has a strong desire to substantially enhance our user experience to earn more customer smiles
- Become a subject matter expert in Ombud’s products, use cases, and technology stack. These are key components to help pressure test designs, and to effectively interact with stakeholders
- Derive and build solutions based on understanding the “why” behind customer requests and customer pain points
- Stay on top of current UX design and development techniques to find innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with product managers, technical leads, customers, and other stakeholders to introduce, iterate, and clarify requirements
- Conduct ongoing customer validation and research via usability studies, surveys, customer feedback, testing, and metrics. This person is excited to share prototypes with customers to get feedback
- Quickly earn trust with technical credibility, pragmatic decision making, and strong follow through working with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Web Design, Multimedia Arts, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Product, or UX, design for complex web applications
- Focus on owning designs and understanding how they fit, or interact, with the larger vision. We want people to think beyond just the user interface and written requirements for a feature
- Data-driven and experimentally-minded. We love people that are open to having assumptions challenged, incorporating new insights, and moving quickly in service of fast learning and business results
- Proficiency creating wireframes and prototypes in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Axure
- Experience creating, building, or utilizing a design system. At a minimum, you have been a key stakeholder utilizing a component library such as Storybook.
- A strong technical aptitude. You don’t have to code, but you should be able to earn the respect of the people who do
- Proficiency in the Agile methodology and how Product Design fits into that practice
- Highly effective communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
You’ll Stand Out If:
You have experience in B2B Applications, Content Management, or Sales Operations/Salesforce ecosystem applications
Ombud Values - IT WAR:
- Integrity: Total trust in the team; striving for what is good and right
- Thought Leadership: Mediocrity is not the fail-safe; aptitude and desire to continue learning
- Willingness: Prompt to act or respond; contribute outside of your job description
- Ambition: Self-Starter that doesn’t wait for things to happen, Focus and Drive to accomplish something great; relentless pursuit of opportunity
- Reliability: Perform consistently well; dependable
What Ombud Offers You:
- A culture that fosters career development and values working together as a team
- Employee Stock Option Plan – Our employees are owners
- Full Benefits, including: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Leave, Sabbatical, RTD Eco-Pass
- Downtown Denver working environment
Ombud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at Ombud are based on merit, competence, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, military service, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive and entrepreneurial work environment.