MeetMindful is the leading dating app for singles interested in healthy living, wellness, and personal development. We're on a mission to empower people to make meaningful connections every day. We are a well-funded, Techstars alumni startup with an excellent track record of growth that values lean methodologies and a supportive team culture.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our team in Downtown Denver. Design at MeetMindful is an awesome opportunity to change the common paradigms of online dating set by the large companies in the dating and mindfulness space. As a small company that’s growing fast we have a lot of freedom to experiment and iterate quickly.
At MeetMindful, culture is everything. Our team consists of fun, open-minded, radically-honest folks, all committed to development and growth in our lives, both personally and professionally, and we work to support each other as much as possible.
You are somebody who thinks with an intelligent and curious mind, and empathy for the customer comes easy for you. You have the ability to consider multiple solutions to any design problem, and you flex your design thinking muscle early and often. You love working collaboratively, with other designers and with team members in different departments. You can execute beautiful and engaging designs within the time and development constraints of a fast-moving startup. You’re excited to work on an innovative product in the dating and mindfulness space.
Company Perks Include:
- Unique and continuing Conscious Leadership group training
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
- Optional health savings accounts (HSAs) and 401k(s)
- Generous commuter & parking benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy & vacation stipend
- Regular company events and volunteer opportunities
- A radically honest culture where feedback on processes is welcome and encouraged
- Downtown dog filled office with snacks, pingpong, sunny courtyard, yoga/meditation room and more!
What You’ll be Doing:
As a Product Designer at MeetMindful, you’ll be primarily responsible for ideating new design solutions, creating design deliverables. In our fast-paced startup environment, every day can (and will) be an awesome chance to solve big problems.
- Take high level product ideas from conception to mockups and finished renderings, working with the engineering team and product managers.
- Working collaboratively with the Head of Product, Designers, Developers, and Marketing team
- Ideating new and existing feature solutions with the product and design team
- Build and maintain design systems that facilitate efficient and consistent design/development
- Build empathy with our customers via working with Product, UX/Research, and Customer Success
- Participate in design reviews with the Design Team and stakeholders
- Designing a community that feels welcoming to mindful people and improving online dating.
Our Ideal Candidate Displays:
- Ability to think critically and scientifically. You appreciate empathy and data-driven design.
- A strong online portfolio that demonstrates beautiful design, creative solutioning, and empathetic decision making.
- The ability to think creatively to solve challenging design problems and think through the implications of those solutions.
- Ability to work within timelines and requirements developed by product and development.
- The ability to communicate designs and design philosophy within team and to other departments.
- The ability to execute with limited supervision, and take feedback effectively.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and a drive for continual self-improvement
- Advanced to Expert level skills in graphics suites. Adobe Suite, specifically Illustrator, and/or Photoshop, and/or Sketch/Adobe XD/Invision Studio
- Experience or understanding of rapid prototyping and Invision/Figma/Marvel/Flinto.
- Experience wireframing solutions.
Bonus Points (but not required):
- Experience with Animation
- Experience with Graphic Design/Branding Design
- Experience in User Research
- Experience working with Agile or Lean Startup methodologies
- Experience with mobile dating and social apps
- A passion and excitement for consumer, community driven startups, online dating, or mindfulness products.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume/linkedin along with a link to your most recent portfolio, and answer these questions below:
- How did you get into design, and why do you do it?
- Why are you drawn to work at a fast-growing startup?
- What is one thing you’ve learned about yourself in the past 6 months?
- Describe how you’re committed to personal wellness and/or mindfulness.
Submit your materials at https://bit.ly/2H2j62b