PRODUCT DESIGNER (UX/UI)
Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a consumer-centric lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix - for Lawns!)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors (including Sequoia, Forerunner, and Tusk), and following our recent raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out our recent coverage on TechCrunch!
Sunday is looking for a talented and motivated Product Designer excited to design and build customer-centric on-site experiences for an innovative and fast-growing outdoor home company. The role will involve researching, planning, designing, and working alongside our technology team to implement new products, features and functionality that provide value to our customers. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, collaborative and able to work independently as well as on a small team.
- Design and specify user journeys, use cases, and interfaces – using participatory and iterative design methods including, but not limited to, user research, contextual interviews and usability testing
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Develop UI mockups, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes through feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology across various platforms, including responsive web and mobile apps
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Advocate on behalf of the customer’s best interest when it comes to decisions for new and updated features and products
- Iterative approach to all phases of design
- Creating and observing A/B tests
- Experience with end-to-end product design
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams
- 3+ years work experience as a Product Designer or similar role (UX, UI, Visual Design)
- Strong online portfolio featuring your experience as a product designer, with a focus on Product Design, User Experience Design, UI and Interaction design.
- Proficiency in Figma (our weapon of choice). Knowledge of Adobe products is handy too.
- Fluency in moderated and unmoderated user research fundamentals such as creating user groups, usability testing, interviews, online surveys, user personas, and journey mapping
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Strong time-management skills and a self-starter attitude
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe XD OR similar (Sketch, Invision, Figma)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Previous experience working at a Direct-to-Consumer e-commerce company
- Experience working in an agile development process
- A love for the details!
- Interest and understanding of building and using design systems
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 99%; spouse/family 50%
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program
- Located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado / COVID Remote