Product Designer (UI)
BACKBONE - Product Designer
We’re looking for a talented visual designer to help us enhance our product lifecycle management operating system. This role would work collaboratively with Product, Engineering, and UX in our Boulder office to produce engaging, impactful, and usable interfaces for our software. If you enjoy designing thoughtful solutions to meaningful challenges for a diverse range of users, we’d love to hear from you.
Backbone is a next generation PLM solution that helps consumer goods companies manage complex design and product development processes from anywhere, on any device.
ALL YOUR APPS IN ONE PLACE.
In-App Annotation Tools
Real-time Costing and Inventory
Sample Verification and Approvals
Seamless Factory Communication
Tech Pack Creation
ON ANY GIVEN DAY YOU COULD FIND YOURSELF:
• Designing screens for our cloud-based software
• Creating wireframes and sketches of new ideas and features
• Illustrating empty states or designing unique content within our software
• Working closely with our Chief Product Officer, Director of UX, and Engineering teams on UI implementation and user experience.
• Enhancing the Backbone brand and ensuring color, style, iconography and typography in our product, website and marketing materials follow same guidelines.
• Speaking with various stakeholders and teams throughout the organization to understand user pain points and find solutions.
• Ensuring WCAG 2.0 compliance for everything you create within the product
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
• A strong foundation in designing software and native mobile apps, both iOS and Android.
• Experience in designing consumer facing web applications
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills, and can present your work and effectively communicate how your designs solve specific problems.
• A passion to build accessible products that are visually delightful and easy to use
• Amazing skills with design software such as Illustrator, Sketch, Adobe XD, and Photoshop. You’re free to use what you feel is the best tool for the task at hand.
• Ability to receive feedback and design critiques in a thoughtful and professional manner
YOU’LL FIT RIGHT IN IF:
• You over-communicate to stakeholders and the business by nature
• You love witty banter
• You want to change people’s lives and help others
• You are self–directed but play well with others
• You’re honest and ethical
• You continually strive to learn new things
• Located in Downtown Boulder, CO with great views of the mountains
• Full Time, with Work-life balance – we don’t expect you to sleep at your desk
• Work mostly on-site with ability to work remote when necessary
• Compensation package commensurate with experience and expertise
• Company-sponsored health insurance, ST/LT disability and Life insurance
• Subsidized parking
• Oh yeah, we also have a stocked fridge and great snacks
• Monthly Health and Wellness Credit