Product Designer II - Remote at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships. Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success. Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As a Product Designer II you will be an influential contributor in improving the workflows and overall user experience of hundreds of thousands of insurance providers and consumers. This person will partner with the other Product Design team members, Product Managers, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to identify design problems and validate useful, usable, and feasible design solutions.
You'll be joining a small but growing team of experienced designers who strive to create user-centered platforms. Our team thrives on cross-functional collaboration and connecting one-on-one with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their needs. Insurance is complicated, but we believe its software doesn't have to be!
· Engage in product definition discussions with Product Managers and Product Owners in order to identify assumptions and clear, concise, and comprehensive goals.
· Partner with and support Design Researchers in conducting user discovery, concept validation, and usability testing.
· Document and socialize usability findings with cross-functional teams.
· Translate research findings and recommendations into evidence-based wireframes.
· Partner with team members in developing and evolving the visual language and design system for Vertafore's products and platforms, incorporating Vertafore's brand and voice.
· Create reusable, scalable visual design assets that fit into a greater pattern library and are consumable by developers and engineers.
· Build amicable, productive, trusting relationships with partner teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· You are an effective communicator who is adept at facilitating working sessions.
· You ask questions to get to the heart of the problem at hand.
· You have a good grasp of design thinking methodologies, using empathy and critical thinking to understand and frame problems.
· You are interested in developing your research skills, by leading well-framed usability testing: planning, recruiting, leading, analyzing results, making design recommendations, and communicating findings & recommendations.
· You clearly and concisely communicate ideas, perspectives, user research, design problems, and design solutions in a diplomatic and persuasive manner.
· You are comfortable working with design systems and/or pattern libraries.
· You have a solid understanding of visual design fundamentals: color, typography, composition, space, time/motion, information visualization.
· You fully grasp of the theories, concepts, and methods of user-centered design and interaction design (controls, states, etc.) which you have applied in a variety of ways.
· You balance passion for your craft with a dedication to on-time, on-target delivery of work.
· 2-5 years of professional experience in an agency or software setting or comparable education/work experience.
· Expertise demonstrated by a compelling portfolio that showcases your problem framing, research, problem solving, and visualization skills.
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure RP, Figma or other similar design tools.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.