Principal Visual Designer at Gloo
What You'll Be Doing:
- Providing creative thought leadership, executional precision, mentorship and visual design governance to Gloo’s growing UX team.
- Managing, maintaining and improving our Design Systems, pattern libraries, UI Kits, implementation guides, and management utilities.
- Honoring Gloo’s brand identity throughout our products, in every feature that is designed, no matter how big or small.
- Defining patterns and establish UI design style guides to help maintain quality and consistency across all digital properties, while adhering to UX best practices.
- Contributing to a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams, advocating for users, sharing tools and best practices, and proposing ideas to fine tune our process.
- Designing beautiful product interfaces (iOS, Android, Web), including all the subtle details such as animations, that will create a strong, positive and emotional connection between customers and our brand.
What We're Looking For:
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Design, Fine Arts, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or a related field
- Probably about 10 years of visual design experience where you have made a significant contribution to a suite of web and/or mobile products
- A passion for typography and layout, with a keen eye for color application.
- A portfolio that showcases both strong visual and interaction design work - direct experience in data visualization.
- Advanced expertise creating and evolving Design Systems, component libraries, design workflows
- Technical command of modern design and workflow software like Sketch, Proto.io, Principle, and Abstract
- A natural leader who enjoys mentoring others and inspiring the best in them
- Solid communication and presentation skills and ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience and gracefully integrate feedback in an iterative manner – you don’t take feedback personally
- Confident humility; you know your stuff but enjoy brainstorming with others for the best outcome
- Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
- Plenty of time off to keep you balanced
- Medical with HSA contribution
- A dynamic, talented team, dedicated to changing the world and building an incredible business
- Beautiful office space in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, steps from coffee shops and blocks from hiking trails
- Company Happy Hour Fridays
- Fresh fruit, snacks, coffee and sodas