Principal User Experience Designer at Healthgrades
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Principal Product Designer, you will drive the discovery and execution of cohesive, creative concepts that solve problems, are usable and appealing for our Physician Relationship Management Tools.
In this role, you will join a newly formed team of talented designers and CX strategists who partner closely with development/product teams to ensure we deliver exceptional experiences for our users. You will research, design, iterate and deliver features that enable successful user experiences and help drive the product forward. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working with complex systems and is looking to exercise their leadership skills by acting as a culture catalyst at Healthgrades.What You Will Do:
- Research & Discovery
- Lead the design discovery for the Physician Relationship product program, conducting stakeholder interviews, running design sprints and other ideation sessions for the entire user experience
- Moderate user testing sessions and synthesize and share findings on your work
- Partner with Product to define problems - ideate and contribute to building a validated roadmap
- Collaborate & Communicate
- Lead teams in framing and solving hard problems while driving innovative efforts that uncovered new value and experiences
- Initiate feedback from collaborators and stakeholders to help improve your work
- Use storytelling and persuasion to connect strategy and vision with day-to-day action.
- Work within a cross-functional scrum team, partner and communicate with developers to ensure the shipped product matches the design vision
- Wireframe & Prototype
- Craft prototypes to communicate flows and gather feedback from users, collaborators and stakeholders
- Visual Communication & Interaction Design
- Design simple, elegant interfaces that are consistent, easy to understand, and intuitive to use
- Design interactions for technical and information-rich environments.
What you Will Bring:
- UX Skills
- A human-centric empathetic design approach, balancing the needs of all users.
- Strong design discovery skills, with experience running design sprints and other ideation sessions.
- Ability to quickly create an interactive prototype to validate the concept.
- Able to use multiple user research methods to improve your concepts.
- Communication & Collaboration Skills
- A team oriented attitude; you love to see software get shipped, and take pride in realizing concepts as part of a product development team.
- Confident collaborating and iterating.
- Strong communication skills, with a proven track record of working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience writing development stories and user requirements.
- Work Skills
- You can actively manage your workload to meet deadlines. You commit and deliver.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Skilled in Figma or Axure (for design) component library creation and prototyping.
- Education & Experience
- Portfolio or work examples
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, HCI, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years of experience in user experience design, user interface design, or interaction design for web applications
Nice To Have:
- Healthcare experience or exposure to the physician referral market
- App development experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce Lightning Design System or Appian
- Exposure to Customer Experience Design
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Purpose-Driven Business – we help people make more confident healthcare decisions
- Changing the Game – dynamic, employee-focused culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders – partners of local charity organizations, matching gifts program, Go-Green efforts, and wellness initiatives
- Salary: $112,000 - $126,000 annually*
- Bonus: up to 5% annually
- 401(k) plan options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, with HSA contributions for qualifying plans
- Company-funded basic Life, AD&D, and disability coverage
- Family planning resources
- Subsidized wellness benefits
- PTO plus paid holiday and volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement and learning & development programs
*Actual base pay will be determined based on qualifications and experience