Principal Product Designer at SambaSafety
Recognized as one the Top 100 Tech Companies by Builtin.com and over 4.4-star review on Glassdoor, SambaSafety® is the pioneer of driver risk management software in North America. Trusted by over 2 million subscribed drivers; thousands of businesses look to Sambasafety to provide the most powerful, advanced, intuitive, and impactful risk solution platform on the market. SambaSafety is growing at an incredible rate with high employee engagement. It’s an exciting time to be at Samba. Now is the right time to join our high performing culture. We hope to see you here!
What you'll do:
SambaSafety is seeking a Principal Product Designer to become an anchor member of our team focused on user experience and design across all of our Software as a Service offerings. This individual will work as part of a balanced team (design, product, development) to collaborate and provide customer delights across our product suite. This is a hands-on leadership role requiring a customer-centric view into our solutions and a passion for creating high-impact user experiences at scale. You will bring the knowledge of a product manager and the technical expertise to build on our successes. In return, you will work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, dynamic environment in a high growth company.
- Understand and engage with customers and other stakeholders on a comprehensive set of topics, including strategy, roadmaps, and user journey performance.
- Collaborate with a team comprised of product managers, architects, engineers, branding experts, and key customer contacts to envision and iterate a highly desirable, technically feasible and economically viable UX vision.
- Partner with Product Management to integrate and prioritize UX requirements into product roadmaps.
- Develop guidelines or best practices for designing customer journeys.
- Contribute to thought leadership around Design Systems within the organization.
- Lead design efforts as well as work hands-on with the designs.
- Obsess about and understand the underlying UX functionality and details of system components.
- Oversee and quality control the implementation of the system so that our customers receive a cohesive experience regardless of business silos that the design work might originate in.
- Provide creative direction and conduct design reviews to ensure that the overall vision for the products is achieved, and the system is being used properly.
What you'll need:
- Someone with 7+ years of experience and a strong background in creative direction and visual design with a high bar for quality design and impeccable attention to detail.
- Someone who deeply understands the pillars of design systems, including principles, components, and patterns as both a design system consumer and design system creator.
- A maker at heart. A person who embraces the work and is passionate about execution.
- A great communicator with interpersonal skills to communicate complex concepts and ideas to many different stakeholders with varying levels of exposure to Design Systems.
- Able to make meticulously crafted, innovative, strategic, and user-centered design decisions, while also being open to iterating continuously as needs, trends, and requirements change.
- Fluent in UX design tools and methods.
- Experienced in building UX prototypes.
- Experienced in motion design/animation.