Principal Product Designer at JumpCloud
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:05 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, March 3, 2022
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
Do you nerd-out by solving challenging design problems in a complex domain? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment where your work will directly impact customers and business growth? Do you enjoy spending your time equally between strategic work and tactical work?
If so, our Principal Product Designer role is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a hyper-growth, focused, & well-funded startup.
Design Team & CultureOur design team doubled in 2021 & will continue to grow in 2022. We have designers across the U.S. with varying backgrounds, design experience, & career aspirations. We have design leadership at the highest level in the company, and the value of design is appreciated across the organization. We’re a fun bunch of product design & research professionals. We have regular skillshare meetings, team-wide & smaller group critiques, & team-building exercises monthly.
What you’ll be doing:
- The primary focus for this role will be to contribute to our ever-growing JumpCloud platform. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to jump in on user research, data analysis, user testing, contribute to our design system, and support other verticals within the company when they have design needs. More specifically, you’ll:
- Partner with Product Management & UX Research to deeply understand user needs
- Partner with Product Management & Engineering to take features from concept to launch
- Partner with other UX leaders to set strategy for your product area that aligns with overall platform vision
- Create simple, intuitive flows & experiences that delight our customers
- Test designs & design assumptions with target users
- Make day-to-day design decisions during implementation
- Mentor other designers
- Follow up on how effective our experience is after launchLead collaborative design sessions with Product Management & Engineering to reach a shared understanding of deliverables.
- Partner with UX leadership team & broader UX team as a whole to shape how we constantly improve the UX we deliver for our customers.
Who you are:
- You have 10+ years of related experience designing at fast-paced tech companies delivering customer value quickly to the market.
- You’re a seasoned, full-stack designer who can drive experiences from discovery to delivery. While you’re full stack, you get the most energy when you’re bringing user insights and great UX design to the table. You like to jump in on UI & Visual Design, but you’re also comfortable partnering with a Design System team.
- You’ve shipped many products over the years & are skilled at balancing both business-to-consumer and business-to-business considerations.
- You’re well-versed in data-informed product design & development.
- You empathize with our unique IT users & are skilled at simplifying complex functional operations into smooth & intuitive experiences.
- You have experience working in an agile environment with design, product, & engineering leaders to align on product strategy and make it real as a team.
- You’re a trusted mentor. Your actions, experience, & knowledge are influential to design and designers.
- You’re passionate about design culture. You’re a voice of design principles & methods across all functions and levels of the organization.
- You drive collaboration across UX, Engineering & Product teams to maintain a cohesive design and experience throughout the product portfolio.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $160,000-$190,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions.
JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description