Packaging Graphic Designer at PopSockets LLC
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, PopSockets has been making Little Life Changers since 2014. Starting with its now famous PopGrip - a customizable, collapsible phone grip that enables you to text with one hand and prop your devices - PopSockets has designed and developed broad lines of empowering, expressive, and fun products, from PopWallet and PopMount, to PopPower, PopLips and much more that is on the way. Our products make the lives of our customers a little better every day, and by purchasing our products, our customers make others' lives a little better through our social impact programs, like Poptivism. Poptivism enables anyone to raise money for any charity by designing their own PopGrip and tagging a charity of their choice. We're looking for selfless, customer-obsessed, responsible, innovative, passionate, transparent, impactful, and courageous individuals to join us as we make an ever-growing positive impact, one Little Life Changer at a time.
Packaging Graphic Designer
As a Packaging Graphic Designer at PopSockets you will be part of our Packaging Design team and will be responsible for extending our packaging lineup, with a focus on licensing and brand partnerships. You will participate in helping to launch innovative Licensed and Brand Partnership products, including for licensors like Disney, Lucasfilm / Star Wars, Marvel, Pokemon, NFL, and NBA. You are self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Work closely with our Packaging Engineers, Sr. Packaging Designer, VP Brand Design, and Copywriters to develop packaging concepts that support the development of our brand.
- Work directly with our Licensing and Brand Partnerships team to understand our partners’ needs and requirements for packaging, and to identify where opportunities exist for innovative, custom packaging.
- Utilize the brand assets and guidelines from our Licensing and Brand Partners to design impactful packaging within our existing packaging ecosystem.
- Produce digital mockups and renderings for internal reviews and sales meetings.
- Maintain our library of existing licensed packaging to ensure compliance with licensor requirements and any ongoing changes required by licensors, as provided by the Licensing and Brand Partnerships team
- Create print-ready production files for all licensed and brand partnership packaging projects.
- Support the general goals and responsibilities of the Packaging Design Team, outside of licensing and brand partnerships, as needed.
- Produce packaging comps that can be shared internally and used in presentations with vendors and partners.
- Stay up to date on packaging design trends and retailer requirements.
- Communicate effectively with our packaging manufacturers to develop prototypes and samples.
- Provide on-press support when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of professional graphic design experience with at least a 2 year focus on consumer goods packaging design. Bonus points for experience at a high-volume consumer electronics, fashion accessories, or beauty brand.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, with expertise in Illustrator and inDesign.
- Familiarity with packaging materials and printing techniques.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously with precision and accuracy.
Salary range for this role is 45-60k base, depending on experience and qualifications.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.