Packaging Graphic Designer
Packaging Graphic DesignerOur Company:
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The Packaging Graphic Designer will work within the Packaging team to conceptualize, design, and develop packaging solutions for new products and product line extensions. You will coordinate with the Creative, Marketing, and Industrial Design teams to ensure we’re properly showcasing our products for our retail customers, including designing solutions for point of purchase displays to house our retail packaging.
Things move quickly at PopSockets, so we’re looking for a seasoned packaging designer who is self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our new headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Work collaboratively with the Creative, Marketing and Industrial Design teams to design packaging solutions that improve our customers’ retail experience while elevating the perceived value of our products and the PopSockets brand.
- Work closely with our Packaging Engineers, Design Director, and Copywriters to develop packaging and point of purchase concepts that support the development of our brand.
- Produce digital mockups and renderings for internal reviews and sales meetings.
- Produce packaging comps that can be shared internally and used in presentations with vendors and partners.
- Stay up to date on packaging design trends and retailer requirements.
- Communicate effectively with our packaging manufacturers to develop prototypes and samples.
- Provide on-press support when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of professional graphic design experience with at least a 2 year focus on consumer goods packaging design. Bonus points for experience at a high-volume consumer electronics, fashion accessories, or beauty brand.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, with expertise in Illustrator and inDesign.
- Familiarity with packaging materials and printing techniques.
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally for work-related trips.