Multimedia Designer II - Media Production (Photo/Video) at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Strategic Operations (StratOps) Strategic Support Unit, consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. The StratOps team promotes and elevates the business within our markets, works with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of Ball Aerospace and facilitates collaboration across the business enterprise to increase opportunities.
Multimedia Designer II - Media Production (Photo/Video)
We are currently recruiting for a Media Production (Photo/Video) - Multimedia Designer I to join our Marketing & Communications department. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting both photo and video projects - to include content capture, editing and final product production.
The Marketing & Communications Department works collaboratively across Ball Aerospace and our stakeholder community to increase our profile in the market. This position is based in Broomfield, CO.
What You’ll Do:
- Primary responsibility: Work with stakeholders across the company to support the planning, creation and production of original multimedia content and visual design elements, including graphic design, video, video animation and photography, while staying in brand.
- Shoot video and photos of events, people and aerospace products (spacecraft, instruments and other hardware).
- Work with internal customers and other MarCom team members to develop and produce various video products, from short internal videos to engaging marketing and product pieces.
- Create and write wireframes, storyboards, and scripts.
- Support other projects across the MarCom department, as needed, including writing stories for the company’s employee newsletter.
- Work in studio and on location.
- Maintain required records and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Library Science, Graphic Design, Media Arts, Visual Communication, Animation, or related discipline preferred.
- Experience working with or maintaining a multimedia database, such as archiving imagery and/or logging footage.
- Experience incorporating metadata and searchable file management
- Experience developing and producing multimedia content, including video, video animation, photo, and graphic design products.
- Strong writing skills preferred.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Highly organized with methodical approach to production processes, file organization and maintenance.
- Ability to translate and synthesize highly-technical information into strategic marketing messages through visual storytelling.
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously, under deadline pressure with fast turn
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adhere to brand standards and follow approval processes.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge and Premiere.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills, new products or technical knowledge; stay current on new trends, ideas, technologies.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with technical subject matter experts, such as engineers, researchers or scientists, is preferred.
- General interest in science and technology is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $54,000 - $73,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.