Motion Graphics Designer at Granicus LLC
We're looking for a mid-level motion graphics designer to join our team in making explainer videos, animated online learning courses, and more. You will ensure that all designed products are of the highest quality – that they are engaging, targeted, and relevant to our government audience. You would also represent and advocate for great multimedia design with other internal teams and work with the Director of Content to manage the evolution of our media products.
What you'll do:
- Work with other designers and the creative manager to determine creative direction for e-learning/interactive media
- Conceptualize and brainstorm concepts for e-learning courses
- Design/illustrate templates, storyboards and other assets for animation
- Animate in Adobe After Effects
- Incorporate changes/edits recommended by the clients into the final animation
- Help the client-facing team scope client projects and make suggestions to keep within constraints
- Help workshop new motion graphics solutions for client projects
What we need in you:
- 4+ years' experience working in motion graphics and interactive design
- Experience working directly with clients through the process of scoping, pitching, creating and revising motion projects
- Preferred degree in motion graphics design, audio/film production, or graphic design, but will consider other degrees with relevant experience
- Experience working with a team of creatives working on multiple projects
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Audition).
- Experience/familiarity with audio/video exporting best practices
- Thorough understanding of pacing and animation principles
- Thorough understanding of graphic design and typography
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and a range of tasks
- Ability to collaborate in a creative team environment
- An up-to-date portfolio or reel is required. Please include a link in your resume or cover letter.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.